About the Survey Library
If you use similar surveys, blocks, or questions repeatedly, Qualtrics can store templates of these in your survey library for later use. Saving content to your survey library is a great way to help minimize repetition in your work. The survey library also contains templates from any user group libraries that you have access to. In addition to your personal and group libraries, you also have access to the Qualtrics library which contains common survey questions and some unique question types. After storing your content, you can insert it into any survey or, in the case of survey templates, use them as reference surveys in your survey flow.
Copying Content to the Library
- Click the navigation menu in the top left corner.
- Select Library.
- Select the Survey Library.
Qtip: If you want to upload survey content to a group library, navigate to this library first by choosing the correct library from the dropdown menu in the upper left-hand corner of your account. If you would like to edit or use lists in the group lists but are currently unable to do so, please contact your Brand Administrator for help as they are the only ones who can edit or create groups.
- Click Copy to this Library.
- Choose the type of element to copy (survey, block, or question).
- Select the survey you want to copy, or the survey that contains the question or block you want to copy.
- If you chose to copy a question or block, choose the question or block to copy.
- Select the destination folder in your survey library where the copy will be saved
(if no folder is selected, it will automatically be added to the default “Uncategorized” folder).Qtip: Placing your surveys in folders is a great way to keep things organized.
- Name the copy.
- Click Save.
Copying Survey Content From Your Library to a Group Library
- Locate the survey content you want to share with a group. Select the dropdown arrow on the right-hand side of the content and choose Copy Survey.
- Choose your group’s name from the Select a Library dropdown menu.
- Select a folder and/or change the survey content’s description, if desired.
- Select Copy.
Copying Blocks from a Survey
- In the Survey tab, click the block options menu on the block you want to copy.
- Click Copy block to library.
- Choose the library you want to copy to. If you want to copy to a group library, select that library from this dropdown list.
- Select the folder the block should be copied to (if no folder is selected, it will automatically be added to the default “Uncategorized” folder).
- Name the copy (by default, the name will populate as the item name).
- Click Copy.
Copying Questions from a Survey
- In the Survey tab, click the block options menu on the block that contains the question(s) you want to copy.
- Click Copy questions to library.
- Choose the library you’d like to copy the questions to. If you want to copy to a group library, select that library from this dropdown list.
- Select the folder the questions should be copied to (if no folder is selected, it will automatically be added to the default “Uncategorized” folder).
- Choose the questions you’d like to copy by checking the box next to the question. By default, all questions will be selected.
- If desired, change the description of the question. This doesn’t change the question’s text, but instead changes the question’s label in your library for easy identification.
- Click Copy.
Survey Library Options
The item option menu is within the gray gear dropdown, located to the far right of each survey, block, and question template in the survey library.
For content in your library, you can perform the following actions:
- View: View a preview of the content.
- Rename: Edit the name of the content.
- Copy: Copy the content to your account or to a user group library.
- Show in Folder: Move to the folder the content is located in.
- Edit: Change, add, or remove questions/blocks in the content (these changes will affect all linked surveys; available only for blocks and surveys).
Warning: Editing reference surveys affects all surveys that reference the survey in the library. Additionally, your edits will need to be published before they are saved. For information about survey publishing and surveys affected by edits, go to the reference survey publishing page.
- Translate: Translate the content into multiple languages (available only for blocks and surveys).
- Delete: Delete the content from the library.
Creating Projects from the Library
For instructions on how to create a survey from one saved in the library, go to the creating from the survey library support page.
Using a Block or Question from the Library
- In the Survey tab, click the Import from library button found at the bottom of each block.
- Choose the library you want to copy the block or question from.
Your options include:
- Your Name: This library contains the templates from your personal survey library.
- Qualtrics Library: This library contains templates provided by Qualtrics.
- My Surveys: Surveys currently in your account.
- Group Libraries: If you are in any user groups, the libraries of those groups will be available here.
- Choose the element library from which you want to copy the block or question.
- Select the folder that contains the questions or block you want to copy.
- If you are copying from a survey or block, select the survey or block you’d like to copy.
- Select the questions you’d like to copy by clicking them. Selected questions will be highlighted in blue.
Qtip: If you’re importing questions from a block, you must import all questions in the block. When importing a block, you also need to choose one of the following:
- One Time Copy: Any changes made to the copied block in your library will not affect the block in your survey.
- Reference: Any changes made to the copied block in your library will affect the block in your survey. See reference survey publishing for more details.
- If desired, enable Keep Question Export Tags. When enabled, the copied questions will retain their original question number. If this option is disabled, the copied questions will have new question numbers made for them.
Qtip: It’s always easy to renumber your questions if you change your mind later.
- Click Import Questions/Block.
Using the Qualtrics Library
Qualtrics has created a library that contains a common set of survey questions built by our XM Scientists team. For more information about the content available in the library, see the pre-made Qualtrics library questions page.
To access the Qualtrics library:
- Click Import from library at the bottom of a block in your survey.
- Select the Qualtrics Library.
- Search for the content you want to use and import it.