Carry Forward allows you to copy specific answer choices from one question and bring them into a future question in your survey. For instance, you can first show your respondents a question that asks which products they have bought from your company in the last six months. You can then carry forward the choices they selected into the next question and ask the respondents to rank their preference from those previously selected choices only.
Adding Carry Forward
- In the Survey module, select the question to which you would like to carry forward answer choices.
- Click on the gray gear icon to the left and choose the Carry Forward option.
Qtip: If you’re working with a Matrix Table question, you may see the options to Carry Forward Statements (the rows of your table) and Carry Forward Scale Points (the columns of your table) instead of Carry Forward Choices.
- In the second dropdown, select the question from which you would like to carry answer choices.
- In the first dropdown, set the conditions for which answer choice(s) you would like to carry forward.
Qtip: If you are carrying forward from a question that allows text entry, you have the option to pick “Selected Choices – Entered Text” in order to carry forward what was typed into the text entry boxes.
- Click Done when you’re finished.
Qtip: If you carry forward answer choices to a question, they will join any other answer choices that already exist in the question.
- To edit or remove the Carry Forward, click the dropdown arrow on the right of the Carry Forward bar.
Once you’ve added the Carry Forward, you’ll see all potential items listed on your follow-up question, with a green double arrow next to each. The green double arrow signifies that this answer choice will only display to a respondent if they meet the condition for that choice.