What's on this page:IntroductionLocating Qualtrics IDsLocating Qualtrics IDs by Inspecting the Element
All Qualtrics API requests require specific parameters to construct the needed URL. Many of these parameters will be Qualtrics IDs. For example, if you’re downloading the raw data for your survey, you’ll need to know the survey ID. The majority of these IDs can be found in your account Qualtrics Ids page.
Locating Qualtrics IDs
- Click the silhouette in the top right corner of your account.
- Select Account Settings.
- Click Qualtrics Ids.
- Click on any one of your Libraries to find IDs for contact lists (called “panels” here), messages, and other library content.
- Click on the name of any survey to find IDs for questions, quotas, and other survey elements.
Locating Qualtrics IDs by Inspecting the Element
In some cases, the parameters you’ll need to create your API request will require IDs that cannot be found in the Qualtrics Ids page. Some examples of these parameters are UserID, GroupType, and DivisionID. If you’re implementing an API request under the Administration Requests section of our documentation, you’ll likely need to use the Inspect Element tool.
To access the Web Inspector
- Navigate to the Admin section.
- Click Users.
- Search for the user by using any of the search criteria filters (Username, First Name, Last Name, etc., as well as Division, User Type, and Account Status).
- Right click on the username of the account and select Inspect Element.
- Find the UserID for your user (it will start with UR_).
- Double click on the UserID to copy.
Here are the common IDs you’ll find by inspecting the element.
- Qualtrics IDs