About the Supply Continuity Pulse
The Supply Continuity Pulse is designed by research methodology experts to help business leaders prepare and plan for supply disruptions due to remote and furloughed work forces. Validate Business Continuity and Recovery Plans (BCP) and understand current and future risk exposure.
- Gain a high level understanding of your suppliers’ business state and their confidence in meeting your business needs.
- Learn what factors are affecting supplier confidence or ability to fulfill contractual commitments.
- Identify what help suppliers need to improve their ability to meet current orders or mitigate future risks.
This solution comes with a premade survey and report.
Creating a Supply Continuity Pulse
All existing Qualtrics users have access to the Supply Continuity Pulse XM Solution! Just follow the steps on this page to get started. If you are not an existing Qualtrics user and would like to get access to the Supply Continuity Pulse solution, please see this page to sign up for free!
- Navigate to the Projects page by clicking the XM logo or clicking Projects on the top-right.
- Click Create new project.
- Select CoreXM.
- Under COVID-19 XM Solutions, select Supply Continuity Pulse.
- Name your project.
- Click Get Started.
- You will land on the Overview tab. This is where the Solution will guide you through the major steps of the project, including survey creation, distribution, and reporting.
- There will be a description of the first step you are about to complete. Click Get Started to start building your project.
- Specify the factors that may hinder your suppliers’ ability to supply or deliver. We have provided a few examples, but you can add ( + ) and remove ( – ) possibilities as needed.
- Specify the options you are willing to offer to your suppliers to help them meet their supply or delivery commitments. We have provided a few examples, but you can add ( + ) and remove ( – ) possibilities as needed.
- Specify if you have a COVID-19 response webpage, and if you do, provide the URL.
- Determine whether you’d like to provide a link to the SAP Ariba Discovery offer at the end of the survey.
- When you’ve filled out these fields, click Finish to generate your survey.
- As you click the blue buttons on the Overview tab, you will be taken through the steps of the project.
Qtip: Did your survey Preview not appear? Make sure your browser doesn’t block pop-ups on Qualtrics.
- Use the toolbar along the top if you ever need to go back a step.
- Use the tabs along the top if you’d like to edit components not included in the blue button steps. For example, you can go to the Survey tab to edit the survey theme and add demographic questions, whereas you can go to the Distributions tab to download a distribution history for emails you’ve sent.
Supply Continuity Pulse Survey Customization
If you want to see the questions in your survey or edit them, click the Survey tab or choose I’d like to edit my survey from the Overview.
Once inside the Survey tab, you can add new questions, tweak the wording on existing ones, edit the survey theme, and much more.
If there’s particular functionality you’d like to add, try searching the Support Site, or use the Support Site’s menu to the left to pick a page. In this section, we’ll cover some of the fundamentals of survey editing.
Adding and Editing Questions
You can add as many additional questions as you want. However, keep in mind that the shorter the survey, the more likely respondents are to fill it out.
For guides to adding and editing questions, see:
This solution comes with custom display logic. Display logic affects what questions respondents see, based on previous answers they provided. For example, we can ask if the supplier is currently able to meet their shipping commitments, and vary the following question based on how they answer.
Deleting and Restoring Questions
Saving and Publishing
All edits you make are saved automatically; however, they won’t necessarily be pushed to the live version of the survey. When you are finished with all of your edits and are ready to generate a link and share the survey, remember to click Publish in the upper-right.
For more on how this works, see Survey Publishing & Versions.
Distributing the Supply Continuity Pulse
When you are ready to distribute the Supply Continuity Pulse, it’s super quick and easy to do so:
- Make sure you have published any survey edits.
- If your changes are published or you don’t have changes to publish, head to the Distributions tab.
- Choose Get a single reusable link.
- You will see the Anonymous Link. This link does not collect any identifying information other than what you explicitly ask for in the survey. You can copy this link and distribute it through your company’s email.
Other Methods of Distribution
We recommend using the Anonymous Link method described above, because it’s the quickest and easiest distribution method.
If you are interested in other methods of distribution, such as emailing from Qualtrics, see the Distributions Basic Overview for a list of options. Please note that depending on your license, not all options may be available, and some may be restricted.
Our XM Scientists have developed a special report for this XM Solution. This report gives an overview of the results, and is ready to share as soon as you have collected data.
- Go to Reports.
- Select Reports.
- The premade report, COVID-19 Supply Continuity XM Pulse Report, will be the first one that appears!
- Sharing the Report: You can share a PDF copy of this report with your colleagues, or even create a link where anyone can view the report! See Sharing Your Advanced-Report.
- Making New Reports: You can click File and then New to create a new report from scratch if needed. Use the report name dropdown to navigate between reports.
- Customizing Reports: See Advanced-Reports Basic Overview to get started customizing your reports.
Other Ways to View Data
While Advanced-Reports include an expert premade report, this report is limited to showing 250 comments for a given Text Entry question (those are the open feedback questions). To see a full set of responses, you’ll want to use one of the other reporting options described below.
Results-Reports give a quick overview of your data, and do not require you to work from scratch. They have different charts and graphs than Advanced-Reports, and are generally there to help you get quick assessments of data.
Weekly Response Notifications
Built into each of the free COVID-19 XM Solutions are weekly reports of how many responses your survey has received in the past week, and how many responses that makes for the survey in total. These notifications come every Monday morning.
Reports are sent as emails and as notifications in your account.
Once you receive the email or notification, there are two buttons.
- View responses: Clicking here will take you to the Data & Analysis tab of your project.
- View report: Clicking here will take you to the Reports section of the Reports tab of your project, where you should see the pre-built report first.
Unsubscribing from Weekly Notifications
If you no longer wish to receive weekly notifications, you can click unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
Subscribing to Updates
Most users will be subscribed to these weekly notifications automatically. However, if you unsubscribed and find you want to start receiving them again, you can do the following:
- Go to your Qualtrics account.
- In the upper-right corner, click the notifications icon.
- Click the settings gear.
- Select Digests to subscribe to weekly notifications.
- You may need to select Notifications first if you at some time or another unsubscribed from all account notifications.
Other Free COVID-19 XM Solutions
The following COVID-19 XM Solutions are free, and included in every account. Click the name of the Solution for more guided support:
- Remote + On-site Work Pulse
- Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse
- Higher Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- COVID-19 Dynamic Call Center Script
- Healthcare Workforce Pulse
- Remote Educator Pulse
- Supply Continuity Pulse
- COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
- Digital Open Door
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse 2.0
- Frontline Connect
- Return to Work Pulse
If you are not an existing Qualtrics user and would like to get access to these solutions, please see this page to sign up for free!