What's on this page:IntroductionInserting a URL HyperlinkLinking to a Text AnchorLinking to an Email Address
Sometimes you’ll want to provide your respondents with hyperlink to a website or email address. You can use the Rich Content Editor to insert a hyperlink into your survey, email message, and other similar places.
Inserting a URL Hyperlink
- Navigate to the Survey module and click into the question text you want to edit.
- Click the Rich Content Editor tab.
- Highlight the text or image you would like to hyperlink.
- Click the Link icon.
Qtip: To unlink text, you can click the Unlink icon located to the right of the link Link icon.
- Set the Link Type to URL.
- Paste in the URL.
- If needed, adjust the Protocol (http, https, ftp, etc.).
- Click the Target tab and select a Target option from the dropdown to determine how the hyperlink will be opened.
Qtip: Some common options are New Window (_blank), which opens the link a different window/tab, and <popup window>, which opens the link in a pop-up window. The other options provide ways to make the linked page appear in the same window/tab as the survey.
- Use the Advanced tab to set the ID, name, advisory title, style, language code, and more.
- Click OK.
Before you go on to distribute your survey, make sure to test your hyperlink by previewing your survey and clicking on the link.
Linking to a Text Anchor
Text anchors allow you to link to content in the same question. For example, if you have a long disclaimer with various sections in your survey, you can use a text anchor to link to the top of each section—ultimately making it easier for your participants to navigate. Text anchors must be specified in the question in order to use this option.
Linking to an Email Address
Linking to an email address allows you to open an email to the specified address in your default email application. Respondents can click on the linked text and easily send an email to the predetermined recipient.
The following fields are available to set up:
- E-mail Address: The address for them to send the email to (required).
- Message Subject: Specify a subject line for the email (optional).
- Message Body: Specify text for the email to contain (optional). Respondents can change it before sending.