What's on this page:IntroductionViewing Responses in ProgressClosing Responses in ProgressDeleting Responses in ProgressSearching Responses in ProgressDownloading Responses in Progress
Responses in Progress are responses that have been started but not submitted. Responses in Progress become Completed Responses when
- A respondent submits a survey
- A survey is manually closed from the Responses in Progress page
- A survey or survey session expires.
While still in the Responses in Progress, you can view, close, or delete these responses.
Viewing Responses in Progress
For every Response in Progress, you will see seven pieces of information in the response viewer:
- Survey Session ID: The internal ID used to track the respondent’s answer information.
- Respondent: The respondent’s name if their survey was distributed to a contact list or the respondent’s IP address if the survey is anonymous.
- Start Time: The date and time the respondent first clicked on the survey link.
- Last Activity: The date and time the respondent last switched pages in the survey.
- Expires: The last date and time the respondent will be able to access the survey if they don’t open their survey link again.
Qtip: To learn more about where this expiration date comes from, view our Partial Completion page.
- Last Question: The last question the respondent answered.
- Progress: The percentage of survey questions the respondent has covered thus far.
Qtip: All questions are used to calculate a respondent’s progress, regardless of whether the respondent qualified to see all questions. If a question is skipped, passing that question will still increment the respondent’s progress.
In addition to this basic information, you can view all the answers an individual respondent has submitted thus far.
To view an individual Response in Progress
Closing Responses in Progress
- Navigate to Response In Progress view of the Data tab in the Data & Analysis module and select the checkbox for the response you you would like to close.
- Click With Selected and choose Close.
- Select the I am sure I want to close Response checkbox and click the close response button.
Deleting Responses in Progress
Searching Responses in Progress
You can search for a particular response in progress using the search functionality found at the top of the page. Simply click the the Add Search button and fill out the search parameters. You can search by name, email, or by External Data Reference.
Downloading Responses in Progress
You can export your responses in progress to a CSV file that is similar in format to the Export Data CSV file. To export Responses in progress find the Tools dropdown on the Data tab and select Download CSV.