About the Extract Data from Salesforce Task
The Extract Data from Salesforce task imports data from your Salesforce instance to use in Qualtrics. Once the data is imported into Qualtrics, use a data loader task to save the data in your desired area on the platform.
Setting Up an Extract Data from Salesforce Task
- Click Actions in the top right corner of your account.
- Make sure you’re in the Actions section.
- Click Create an action.
- Determine whether the action should be Scheduled or Event-Based. For a comparison of these options, see Scheduled Actions vs. Event-Based Actions.
- Give your action a name.
- Determine the trigger for your action which determines what causes the action to fire. What you do here will depend on if you selected an event-based or scheduled action. See Scheduled Actions vs Event-Based Actions for more information.
- Click Add new and select Task.
- Select the Extract data from Salesforce task.
- Select the Salesforce account to import data from.
Qtip: Any Salesforce accounts you’ve previously connected as well as accounts set up by Brand Administrators will be available here.Attention: You may have up to five external connections to your Salesforce account for this task. If you add more than five connections, the oldest connection will be severed.
- If you’d like to add a new Salesforce account, click Add user account.
- Click Next.
- Click Add object.
- Select the object you want to add. You can add multiple objects.
Qtip: If you don’t have any objects here, then the connection between your Salesforce account and Qualtrics is invalid or expired. Return to the account selection screen by clicking Back and add new Salesforce credentials.Qtip: If mapping Accounts, make sure to follow the B2B Command Center guide for a step-by-step on mapping Account fields.
- Select an object you added to begin mapping fields.
- If desired, use the Salesforce list dropdown menu to limit which objects are imported based on the list’s filter criteria in Salesforce (called List View in Salesforce). If no option is selected, then all associated objects will be imported.
- Click Add field.
- Use the select field dropdown menu to select a field to map. Repeat these steps for as many fields as needed.
- To remove a field from your mapping, click the trash can icon.
- If importing multiple objects, repeat the mapping steps above to map your fields for each object.
- Click Save once you’re finished.
After extracting data from Salesoforce, you must tell Qualtrics where to save the data with a data loader task. See Using Actions tasks to build ETL workflows for more information.