About Meta Info Questions
The Meta Info question is a hidden question that will track and report basic information about your respondents, such as their operating system and browser. This question is often used for troubleshooting or for understanding the technical setup of your respondents.
Using the Meta Info Question
The Meta Info question does not require any special editing or preparation. Simply add it to any page of your survey that every respondent will see. Please note that the Meta Info question must be on a displayed page for the data to be gathered.
The Meta Info question gathers the following information:
- Browser: The browser the respondent is using (e.g., Chrome or Internet Explorer).
- Version: The version of the browser the respondent is using.
- Operating System: The operating system the respondent is using (e.g., Windows or Macintosh).
- Screen Resolution: The size of the respondent’s computer screen (in pixels).
- Flash Version: The version of flash (if installed) the respondent is using.
Attention: As of Dec 31, 2020, Adobe has stopped supporting Flash. As a result, we return -1 for the Flash version for all browsers, indicating that Flash is not installed. For more information about the Adobe Flash Player deprecation, see this Adobe support page.
- User Agent: The entire string of text supplied by the respondent’s computer used to retrieve the details above.
Downloaded Data Format
When you export your data set in Data Table format, the Meta Info question type displays one column for browser, version, operating system, and screen resolution, as seen below.