About Customizing a Frontline Feedback Project
Once you’ve created your Frontline Feedback project, you can customize it to fit your organization’s needs. The Settings tab controls the customization options for your Frontline Feedback project. Here, you can edit what the feedback form looks like, create custom request statuses, and share the project with your users. Information about each setting is below.
The Feedback form section allows you to customize the default text users will see when they fill out the Frontline Feedback project.
- The Voting setting allows users to upvote existing feedback. You can enable or disable this at any time.
- The Anonymous submission setting allows users to submit anonymous feedback requests and comments on requests.
- Enter the question you want your users to answer. This is the question you’re using to solicit feedback from your employees and will appear at the top of the Feedback form. There is a 200 character limit for this field.
- Enter any instructions for your users to consider before submitting their feedback. This text will appear above the search bar in the Feedback form. There is a 200 character limit for this field.
- If desired, enable the Add questions to the feedback description field to provide extra information to users submitting feedback. Use the provided text box to enter questions or other information for your users to take into consideration when providing feedback.
- Select any custom fields you want to appear as filters on your feedback overview table.
The Sharing settings allow you to determine who in your license can access the Frontline Feedback project. You can also determine the level of access users will have within the project.
Link sharing can be used to quickly give access to all users in your Qualtrics license at once. You can determine whether users can contribute to or only view the submitted feedback.
- Turn on Enable Link Sharing.
- Copy the provided link and send to anyone in your license who needs access.
Qtip: When users click this link, they’ll be prompted to login with their Qualtrics credentials. Only users within your license will be able to access the project.
- Choose the level of access your users will have. Select Read only to provide view-only access. Select Contributor to allow users to submit new feedback and interact with existing feedback.
Qtip: By default, contributors cannot manage feedback statuses or assignees. If you would like to allow contributors to perform these actions, enable the Allow contributors to manage status and assignee toggle.
Qtip: Read only access is being removed from Frontline Feedback. As a result, this option may be missing from your projects.
Note, enabling link sharing will share the project with all users in your license and they will be able to access the project from their Projects Page in addition to the link you provide.
You may individually manage who has access to your project. When giving access to individuals, you can also determine the level of access each person has.
- Enter the name or email address of the user you’d like to give access to. As you type, you’ll be given a list of users in your organization to select. You may enter multiple users in this field at a time.
- Select the role the users will have. You can assign individuals to different roles.
Qtip: All user roles have the ability to manage subscriptions for their account.
- Moderator: Users can edit and delete all feedback and comments within the project, as well as contribute their own feedback.
- Read only: Users will be able to read existing feedback and view comparisons, but not submit feedback of their own.
- Contributor: Users will be able to interact with existing feedback and submit their own feedback, as well as create and manage their own collections and comparisons. Contributors can also edit feedback clients and tags.
- Owner: Users will be able to manage all feedback for the project, as well as any project settings.
- Click Share.
Once you’ve shared the project with individual users, you can manage their access in the Permissions section.
In this section, you can perform the following tasks:
- Use the Display Name, User, and Permission fields to filter for specific users.
Qtip: If the Display Name for a user is blank, this means they have not yet accessed the Frontline Feedback project.
- Click the dropdown in the Permission column to change the user’s level of access.
- Click the trash can icon next to a user to remove them from the project.
In the Custom Fields section, you can create extra fields that display in the feedback form and the overview on feedback requests. When submitting a feedback request, the person submitting the feedback will be able to select values for the custom fields. You can then use this field to filter your feedback requests when filter
Creating Custom Fields
- Navigate to the Custom Fields tab.
- Click Add Field.
- Give your field a name.
- Choose the Field type which determines how many items can be assigned to the field on feedback requests. You may choose single select or multi select.
- Click Save.
- Click the three dots next to the field you just created.
- Select Add field item.
- Give the field item a name.
- Choose the background color for the item.
- Select the text color.
- Preview your new item and make any adjustments as needed.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 6 through 12 for any additional items you need to add to the field.
Qtip: You can have up to 200 items for a field.
Editing & Deleting Custom Fields
The Status section allows you to configure the statuses that can be applied to feedback requests. Statuses are used to show progress made on feedback, such as marking requests as Under Review, Planned, and Delivered. You can create and delete custom statuses as well as modify any existing statuses.
To create a new status:
- Click Add status.
- Name your new status.
- Choose the Text color.
- Select a Background Color.
- Preview the status.
- Click Add.
Editing & Deleting Statuses
After clicking Delete, you’ll need to assign a new status to any feedback requests that have the status you’re deleting. Use the dropdown menu to choose a status. Note: once a status is deleted, it is irretrievable.
To delete a tag, click Delete next to the tag you want to remove. You’ll be asked to confirm your decision. Proceed with caution, as deleted tags are removed from all feedback requests, and this action is irreversible!