Skip Logic allows you to send respondents to a future point in the survey based on how they answer a question. For instance, if a respondent indicates that they don’t agree to your survey’s consent form, they could immediately be skipped to the end of the survey.
Adding Skip Logic
- Select the question you want to add Skip Logic to.
- Click on the gear symbol to the left and select Add Skip Logic.
- In the first dropdown menu, select the answer choice to use in your Skip Logic.
- In the second dropdown menu, select how the participant should interact with this choice to trigger Skip Logic.
- In the third dropdown menu, specify where respondents who skip ahead should be sent. You can skip the respondent to future questions within the current block, to the end of the current block, or to the end of the survey.
- Click Done when finished.
- If desired, repeat steps 2–6 to create additional Skip Logic statements. Each statement’s option menu will appear as a different color.
Additional Skip Logic Options
After creating Skip Logic on a question, you can select the dark gray Options dropdown menu to the right of the logic for more options.
The following options are available:
- Edit Skip Logic: Reopens your Skip Logic statement, allowing you to make changes. You may also click on the text of the Skip Logic to begin editing.
- Advanced Options: Allows you to set up the Skip Logic to be ignored until a certain Quota is met. When selecting this option, an Include Quota page will appear. A dropdown will also appear where you can select a previously created quota.
Qtip: No need to use this option if you are skipping participants to the end of the survey once the Quota is full. For this, go to the Quota setup screen and use the default action End Current Survey.
- Go To Skip Destination: Scrolls your view down to the question destination (if the logic is set to skip to a question and not to End of Block or End of Survey).
- Remove Skip Logic: Deletes the Skip Logic.