About the Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing XM Solution
The public is faced with a flood of information regarding COVID-19: symptoms, community incidents, school closures, and so on. Because it’s so hard to find the right information, the easiest solution is to call public health and government organizations. Due to the volume of calls to public health organizations for basic information, it is difficult for the members of the public who need assistance to get through to the right support resources over the phone.
- Potential patients who need assistance are not able to get it.
- The public health organizations are overwhelmed with requests for the same information.
- The public health organizations are not able to easily understand what the trending requests are and where they should focus their external efforts to drive awareness.
The Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing solution enables public health organizations to automate the distribution of the latest COVID-19 information to members of the public, perform an initial triage for COVID-19 symptoms, and ensure that people exhibiting symptoms of the disease have access to the right supporting and testing resources.
Developed by Qualtrics’ senior XM scientists, the Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing XM Solution is a pre-made intake survey that can help the public triage their needs before calling into public health departments, and a pre-made report that visualizes trending information and volume of requests.
Creating a Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing
- Either navigate to the Catalog or click Create new project on the Projects page.
- Under COVID-19 projects, select Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing.
Qtip: You can also use the search in the catalog to find this project.
- Click Get started.
- Name your project.
- If desired, put it in a folder.
- Click Create project.
- Determine what type of survey you’d like to create:
- A symptoms evaluation (pre-screen) only
- A symptoms evaluation plus information routing
- Click Next.
- Provide your organization’s name.
- If desired, upload a copy of your organization’s logo. Max file size is 1MB.
- If you chose A symptoms evaluation (pre-screen) only, you will be asked to specify one phone number for additional questions on COVID-19. You can then click Next and skip to Step 20 in these instructions, since the next few steps are only for A symptoms evaluation plus information routing.
- Specify the name of your Local Public Health organization.
- Specify the URL of the website for your Local Public Health organization.
- Specify the name of your state’s healthcare organization.
- Specify the URL of the website for your state’s healthcare department.
- Specify the name of your state’s department of education.
- Specify the URL of the website for your state’s department of education.
- Specify a phone number people can reach out to with additional questions on COVID-19.
- Click Next.
- Determine whether you’d like to be notified when responses come in. If you say yes, you’ll be asked to specify the threshold of responses you’d like to reach before being notified.
- When you’ve filled out these fields, click Finish to generate your survey.
- Click Preview Survey to test your survey.
Qtip: Did your survey Preview not appear? Make sure your browser doesn’t block pop-ups on Qualtrics.
- Click Done to resume the guided setup.
- Use the tabs along the top if you’d like to edit components not included in the blue button steps. For example, you can go to the Survey tab to edit the survey theme and add demographic questions, whereas you can go to the Distributions tab to download a distribution history for emails you’ve sent.
Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing Survey Customization
If you want to see the questions in your survey or edit them, click the Survey tab. Once inside the survey builder, you can add new questions, tweak the wording on existing ones, edit the survey theme, and much more.
If there’s particular functionality you’d like to add, try searching the Support Site, or use the Support Site’s menu to the left to pick a page. In this section, we’ll cover some of the fundamentals of survey editing.
Adding and Editing Questions
You can add as many additional questions as you want. However, keep in mind that the shorter the survey, the more likely recipients are to fill it out.
For guides to adding and editing questions, see:
Deleting and Restoring Questions
Survey Flow and Display Logic
This solution comes with custom display logic. Display logic affects what questions respondents see, based on previous answers they provided. For example, we can give respondents different advice on how to proceed based on whether they are already displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
In the survey flow, you’ll find some embedded data for city, region, and postal code is already added. Please do not remove this element – it’s there to help organize your data and format your report.
Saving and Publishing
All edits you make are saved automatically; however, they won’t necessarily be pushed to the live version of the survey. When you are finished with all of your edits and are ready to generate a link and share the survey with your recipients, remember to click Publish in the upper-right.
For more on how this works, see Survey Publishing & Versions.
Distributing the Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing XM Solution
When you are ready to distribute the Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing solution, it’s super quick and easy to do so:
- Make sure you have published any survey edits.
- If your changes are published or you don’t have changes to publish, head to the Distributions tab.
- Choose Get a single reusable link.
- You will see the anonymous link. This link does not collect any identifying information other than what you explicitly ask for in the survey. You can copy this link and distribute it through your company’s email.
Other Methods of Distribution
We recommend using the anonymous link method described above, because it’s the quickest and easiest distribution method.
If you are interested in other methods of distribution, such as emailing from Qualtrics, see the Distributions Basic Overview for a list of options. Please note that depending on your license, not all options may be available, and some may be restricted.
Our XM Scientists have developed a special report for this XM Solution. This report gives an overview of the results, and is ready to share as soon as you have collected data.
- Go to Reports.
- Select Reports.
- The premade report, Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing Report, will be the first one that appears!
- Sharing the Report: You can share a PDF copy of this report with your colleagues, or even create a link where anyone can view the report! See Sharing Your Advanced-Report.
- Making New Reports: You can click File and then New to create a new report from scratch if needed. Use the report name dropdown to navigate between reports.
- Customizing Reports: See Advanced-Reports Basic Overview to get started customizing your reports.
Other Ways to View Data
While Advanced-Reports include an expert premade report, this report is limited to showing 250 comments for a given Text Entry question (those are the open feedback questions). To see a full set of responses, you’ll want to use one of the other reporting options described below.
Results-Reports give a quick overview of your data, and do not require you to work from scratch. They have different charts and graphs than Advanced-Reports, and are generally there to help you get quick assessments of data.
Depending on how you set up your guided project, there may be notifications built in. These can be found in the Actions tab, and may require additional setup to complete.
As needed, you can either review or edit:
- Who receives the notification
- The conditions under which the condition are sent
- The message included in the notification
Depending on the frequency you chose, these conditions are set up with one of the following:
- Embedded data set in the survey flow.
Do not edit the conditions on these actions, the corresponding embedded data in the survey flow, or the quotas involved.
If you don’t want to receive this notification after all, you may delete the action or disable the action (if it is not already disabled). Please note that once you delete an action, it cannot be retrieved.
View report: Clicking View report in the email or clicking the in-product notification will take you to the Reports section of the Reports tab of your project, where you should see the pre-built report.
Unsubscribing from Notifications
If you no longer wish to receive notifications, you can click unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
Subscribing to Updates
Most users will be subscribed to these automatically. However, if you unsubscribed and find you want to start receiving them again, you can do the following:
- Go to your Qualtrics account.
- In the upper-right corner, click the notifications icon.
- Click the settings gear.
- Select Actions to subscribe to notifications set up using the Actions tab.
- You may need to select Notifications first if you at some time or another unsubscribed from all account notifications.
The following terms only apply to customers who sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” landing pages or via Qualtrics Surveys. Prior to expiration on 30th November 2021, these customers will need to export their data or upgrade to a paid product.
Access to the following solutions is subject to expire on 30th November 2021. Users will be notified in advance of access being terminated. This is applicable to the Return to Work Pulse, Remote + Onsite Work Pulse, Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing, High Education: Remote Learning Pulse, K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse, Remote Educator Pulse, Dynamic Call Center Script, Customer Confidence Pulse (1.0), Brand Trust Pulse, Supply Continuity Pulse, and Healthcare Workforce Pulse solutions.
Response and Email Limits
- New customers who are based in India and sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” landing pages with a work email will get their own provisioned brand up to 500k responses total. This is applicable to the Return to Work Pulse, Remote + Onsite Work Pulse, Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing, High Education: Remote Learning Pulse, K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse, Remote Educator Pulse, Dynamic Call Center Script, Customer Confidence Pulse (1.0), Brand Trust Pulse, Supply Continuity Pulse, and Healthcare Workforce Pulse solutions.
- Customers who sign up for access to the COVID-19 solutions as described above will be limited to 1K emails per week per user.
New customers who sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” page with a personal email will be provisioned a free account with up to 500 responses for each Return to Work Pulse or Remote + Onsite Work Pulse survey. This is also the case for new customers who sign up via Qualtrics Surveys. The full COVID-19 solutions will only be available to new customers who sign up with a work email on the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” pages as indicated above.
Other Free COVID-19 XM Solutions
The following COVID-19 XM Solutions are free to customers with existing licenses and to customers based in India. Click the name of the Solution for more guided support:
- Remote + On-site Work Pulse
- Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse
- Higher Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- COVID-19 Dynamic Call Center Script
- Healthcare Workforce Pulse
- Remote Educator Pulse
- Supply Continuity Pulse
- COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
- Return to Work Pulse