About Translating Intercepts
Feedback button, responsive dialog, and embedded feedback intercepts can be translated into multiple languages, without the need to make multiple creatives or action sets for each language. Once the translations are added to the intercept, site visitors will automatically see it in the appropriate language. Intercepts determine the respondent’s language based on their browser language or the settings configured in the intercept.
Adding Translations to an Intercept
- Open your intercept.
- Go to the Translations section.
- Click Choose language.
- If this is your first time adding translations, click Edit languages.
- Select the languages you’d like to add translations for.
- Click Close.
- Use the dropdown to select the language you’d like to provide translations for. You can return to this dropdown as needed.
- Enter translations for each of your buttons. Make sure to stay within the character limits.
- Remember to save or publish your changes!
Advanced Language Options
You can control how the language of the intercept is decided when a visitor is looking at it. Click Advanced settings to configure this.
If you select Browser language, then the intercept will match the site visitor’s browser language, provided you have a translation uploaded for that language. If you do not have that translation available, the intercept will default to the language you originally wrote it in.