Every CX Dashboard is made up of pages. Pages are where your widgets live, and are meant to be customized to meet your organization’s data needs. This support article goes over how to make pages and edit page options.
Adding & Navigating Pages
To create multiple pages:
- Navigate to your dashboard.
- Select the plus sign ( + ).
- Choose one of the following:
- Regular Page: A regular dashboard page. Report on the data mapped in your dashboard data with all kinds of widgets.
- Private Page: A page that can only be viewed by you.
Warning: Private Pages cannot be converted into Regular Pages. Additionally, you cannot view Private Pages on the Qualtrics XM App. However, Private Pages can be invaluable for tracking response rates, viewing metadata, and troubleshooting your data sources.
- Action Planning Page: Report on the progress of your action plans. See the Action Planning (CX) page.
- Ticket Reporting Page: Report on key ticket data. See the Ticket Reporting (CX) page.
- Add your widgets (by clicking Add Widget) and edit your page.
- Click Done Editing.
Using Four Key Page Options
The Page Options menu will let you:
- Rename the current page.
- Duplicate a page and its visualizations.
- Make Private Copy (i.e., an unshareable version) of a page.
Warning: Only you can view a Private Page. Private Pages cannot be converted into Regular Pages. Additionally, you cannot view Private Pages on the Qualtrics XM App. However, Private Pages can be invaluable for tracking response rates, viewing metadata, and troubleshooting your data sources.
- Delete or Remove a page.
Renaming a Page
Duplicating or Copying a Page
Making a Private Copy
Removing a Page
Warning: If you remove a page, you will not be able to recover it.
- Click the Page Options menu while on the page you want to delete and select Remove.
- Confirm your action by clicking Yes, delete this page.
When viewing a dashboard in the XM App, it’s important to make sure that your dashboard is formatted for mobile. The Mobile Preview option lets you see how your dashboard will look on a mobile device from the convenience of your computer browser.
- The mobile view of your dashboard. Scroll through the view to make sure your widgets display properly on mobile.
- To navigate to a different dashboard page, click the page name.
- Use the Enable dashboard in mobile app option to determine whether this dashboard will appear in the XM App. When disabled, users will not see this dashboard in the XM App.
- Click the X to exit the mobile preview and return to the regular desktop view.
You can also get access to ready-made page templates that will report your data in insightful ways. There are currently three templates to choose from: a template for Distribution Reporting, a template for Ticket Reporting, and a template for the XM Directory Respondent Funnel.
Additional Page-Level Topics
For more information about page features and options, please see the following pages:
- Filtering pages: Page data can be filtered by you and your stakeholders for increasingly granular analysis.
- Restricting pages: Pages can be restricted based on individual roles (attributes) and the security-level of your data.
- Sharing pages: Unique pages may be assigned to separate audiences and stakeholders.
- Ticket Reporting (CX): The tracking of tickets in dashboard pages is covered in this article.