About Actions in Global Navigation
Actions allow you to trigger tasks based on various Qualtrics events. This could include creating a ticket when someone opts-out of your XM Directory, or sending a follow-up email to a customer after a low satisfaction score. The Actions page in the global navigation allows you to create and manage all the actions set up for your account in one central area.
Creating an Action
- Click Actions in the top right corner of your account.
- Make sure you’re in the Actions section.
- Click Create New Action.
- Determine whether the action should be Scheduled or Event-Based. For a comparison of these options, see Scheduled Actions vs. Event-Based Actions.
- Give your action a name.
- Based on what you chose in Step 4, either determine the frequency of your scheduled action or choose the event that will begin the action.
- If desired, click Add Conditions to add conditions to your action. These conditions determine when the action will trigger. See Creating Conditions for more information on building conditions.
Example: Let’s say you’re creating an action based on a Survey Response Event to send a follow-up email to customers with a low satisfaction score. You can create a condition based on the satisfaction question so that only customers with a score below a certain threshold receive the follow-up email.
- Click Add Task.
- Select the Task that will be carried out in the action. For more information about the events available to you, see Defining Tasks.
Qtip: Depending on your account permissions and Qualtrics license, not all task types may be available to you. Contact your Account Executive if you have questions about what’s included in your Qualtrics license.
- Click Done.
Managing Your Actions
In the Actions section, you can view and manage your actions.
The Actions section contains a table with all of your actions. This table contains the following information about your actions:
- Name: The name of the action.
- Trigger: The event that begins the action.
- Subject: The survey that the action is based on.
Qtip: This value may be blank as not all actions need to be connected to a survey.
- Tasks: The task(s) that are carried out by the action. The icons here correspond to the task icons when setting up an action; hover over an icon to see the name of the task.
- On/Off: Determines if the action is on (enabled) or off (disabled). You can click the toggle button to turn an action on or off.
In addition to these action details, you can perform various actions to your action by clicking the three dots next to the action.
- Edit: Allows you to edit the event, conditions, and task of your action.
- Rename: Allows you to give your action a new name.
- Copy: Allows you to duplicate an existing action.
- Delete: Allows you to delete an action.
Qtip: Deleting an action is permanent and will halt any current and future instances of the action. Past instances of the action will still be viewable in the Reporting & History section.
To search your actions, begin typing into the search box in the Actions tab. This search bar will match what you type with action Name, Trigger, Subject, and Task. It will also search the payload of the task.
Reporting & History
The Reporting & History section lets you see the past runs of your actions and the details about those runs. This section is particularly useful if you have an action that is failing. The Reporting & History will contain information about why the action failed, helping identify and fix the issue. See Reporting & History in Global Actions for more information.