The Anonymous Link is a basic hyperlink used to take your survey. You can distribute this link by pasting it into an email, onto a website, or on in-page pop-ups. Anyone who clicks on the link will be able to take the survey.
The Anonymous Link has several key characteristics:
- No identifying information such as name or email address is collected unless you specifically ask for it in the survey.
Qtip: By default, the Anonymous Link collects the user’s IP address. In most cases this is not considered identifying information, but if your IRB board or ethics committee requires that it not be collected, you can remove it by enabling Anonymize Responses in the Survey Options.
- By default, progress will be saved as respondents take the survey so they can close the window and return to that same computer at a later date. If you do not want this, or if you’d like to learn about any limitations involved, refer to our Save and Continue support page for more details.
- By default, there is no limit to how many times a respondent can use the Anonymous Link. If you want to prevent multiple responses from the same respondent, refer to our Survey Protection support page for more details.
- By default, whenever your survey is active, the Anonymous Link is available for use if you have the link. If desired though, you can disable the use of the Anonymous Link by enabling By Invitation Only in the Survey Options. This can be useful if you distributed your survey through the Anonymous Link and would later like to only use Individual Links instead.
Obtaining the Anonymous Link
The Anonymous Link is the same for everyone accessing the survey and will not change for that survey even if you pause and resume response collection multiple times.
To obtain your Anonymous Link
- Navigate to the Distributions module.
- Select the Anonymous Link tab.
- Highlight the link that appears, and press Ctrl + C (PC) or ⌘ + C (Mac) on your keyboard to copy the link.
- Paste the link into an email or onto a website.