The Survey Director allows you to use one link to send clients to the Anonymous Link or reports of different surveys, depending on conditions you specify.
Using the Survey Director
- Click the Survey Director section in the top right of your account.
Qtip: If you do not see this option in your account, it means you do not have that permission enabled. Contact your Qualtrics Administrator to have this permission activated.
- Click Create New Director.
- If desired, click Untitled Survey Director 1 and enter a custom name for your director.
- Under Always Link To, click the first dropdown to select the type of link you would like the Director to default to. The choices are Survey, Public Report, and User Defined URL.
- In the second dropdown, select the specific Survey (and if necessary subsequent Public Report) you want to direct to, or type the URL of the website you want to direct to.
- Click the blue Add Conditional Statement text to set a condition that must be met in order for that link to be accessed.
- Click the blue Embedded Data text to assign an Embedded Data field to the link.
- Click the green Add Action Set button to add additional links and conditions to your Survey Director.
Qtip: The conditions used here function similarly to conditions in other parts of Qualtrics. For more information on conditions and logic, visit our Using Logic page.
- When you have added all the necessary links and conditions, click Generate Link.
- Copy this link to your website, onto a flier, into a site intercept, etc.
Activating / Deactivating Directors
Similar to Anonymous Links, you can deactivate a Survey Director. Simply click Director Options on the top right of your director and deselect the Active option. When someone clicks an inactive director, they will see a simple notification letting them know that it is inactive.
An inactive director will show an “Inactive” notice opposite its name.