Imported Data Projects
In the XM platform, data from other external sources can be uploaded and analyzed using Stats iQ.
Preparing a File for Import
Your file can be saved in the following formats: .xlsx, .csv, .tsv, .sav (SPSS), and .xls. You can also upload those files in compressed form by using the format [filename].[file type].zip (e.g., mydata.csv.zip, odata.xlsx.zip). Stats iQ can also take Triple-S files, which must be imported in a compressed format (myfile.sss.zip).
The first row of your file should contain the headers for each of the fields you’d like to import. These headers will end up being the names of the fields in your project, so make sure they’re clear and concise. Under each header, enter the data for each participant.
Qtip: Your file should contain only one header row. If you export data from a Qualtrics survey to use in an Imported Data project, be sure to delete extraneous header rows.
Formatting Multiple Answer Data for Import
You are able to import multi-value fields such as from a multiple answer survey question. As shown below, you are able to import them as one of the following:
1. One column containing the results for all answer choices.
2. The multi-value data split into individual columns.
After successfully importing the multiple answer data, the data will be available to be used as a variable in Stats iQ.
Creating an Imported Data Project
- Navigate to the Projects page by clicking the XM logo or clicking Projects on the top-right.
- Click Create new project.
- Select CoreXM.
- Select Imported data.
- If you choose From a File click Choose File and select the file you prepared. The project name will match the file you uploaded, but you can change this if desired.
- If you choose Paste Data, you can paste data from Google Sheets or Excel. Remember to name your project.
- When you’re ready, click Get Started.
When you’re on the Project page, you can click the dropdown to the far-right of a project for more options.
- Analyze Project: Analyze the project in Stats iQ.
- Rename Project: Rename the project.
- Copy Project: Create a duplicate of the imported data project.
- Delete Project: Delete the project. Only do this if you are absolutely sure! Deleted Imported Data projects cannot be recovered.