About Field Types & Widget Compatibility
In CX Dashboards, every field needs to be assigned a field type. Field types help specify the type of data mapped into the field and consequently determine which widgets the field can be added to.
NUMBER FIELD TYPES
Use a number field type when the data is exclusively numeric.
- Numeric Value: A number field that has a very large or infinite set of values (e.g., any number between 0 and infinity).
- Number Set: A number field that has a finite set of values (e.g., the set of numbers from 0 to 5). Typically used with scales, such as the Likert 1-5-point scale.
- Date: Customized calendar date fields.
Qtip: You can collect date data in any format you want – you just have to tell your dashboard how to read it. For more information, see Date Field Format.
TEXT FIELD TYPES
Text types are used to map text entry responses or for labels in non-text entry questions.
- Text Value: A one-to-two-word text field that has a very large or infinite set of values. Used for open-ended form questions such as asking for names or email addresses.
- Text Set: A one-to-two-word text field that has a finite set of values. For example, instead of using a scale from 1-5 in a Number Set Field Type, mapping the labels “Dissatisfied” to “Satisfied” to Text Set widgets.
- Multi-Answer Text Set: Multiple select questions that ask respondents to check all items that are applicable to them.
- Open Text: Longer blocks or strings of text, such as a request for open-ended feedback.
Assigning Field Types
Now that you know the difference between all the field types, it’s time to assign them to your dashboard fields.
Table: Field Type & Widget Compatibility
The table below will explain what widgets each field type is compatible with, as well as where the field type can be added. For example, simple charts allow you to add X-Axis Dimensions in addition to metrics like count or average. The type of data you can use in your Metrics isn’t the same as the type of data you can use in your x-axis dimension.
Qtip: The items indicated by asterisks ( * ) are metrics that can be used in the following widgets: simple chart, gauge chart, number chart, pie chart, simple table, multiple source table, pivot table, and map view.
|Numeric Value||Number Set||Date||Text Value||Text Set||Multi-Answer Text Set||Open Text|
|Filters on Metrics*||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Net Promoter Score*||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Simple Chart (X-Axis Dimension)||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Simple Chart (Data Series)||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Star Rating (Source)||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Breakdown Bar (Dimension)||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Simple Table (Row Dimension)||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Simple Table (Columns)||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Record Grid (Columns)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pivot Table (Row Dimension)||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Pivot Table (Columns)||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Breakdown Trends (Field)||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Scatter Plot (X/Y Axis)||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Pie Chart (Dimension)||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Trend Chart (Field)||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Breakdown Table (Source)||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Breakdown Table (Rows)||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Multiple Source Table (Source)||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Key Driver (Outcome Metric)||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Key Driver (Potential Drivers)||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Response Ticker (Content)||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Response Ticker (Primary/Secondary Label)||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Response Ticker (Ticker Value)||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Word Cloud (Text Source)||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Map View (Location Dimension)||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
Compatible Survey Platform Features
Data collected with the following Survey Platform features can be mapped to CX Dashboards:
Unsupported Survey Platform Questions & Features
Data collected with the following Survey Platform features cannot be mapped to CX Dashboards: