About the Load Data into XM Directory Task
The Load data into XM Directory task allows you to map data imported into Qualtrics to your XM Directory. For example, you can use an Extract data from SFTP files task to import data into Qualtrics and then map that data to your directory.
Setting Up a Load Data into XM Directory Task
- Click Actions in the top right corner of your account.
- Make sure you’re in the Actions section.
- Click Create an action.
- Determine whether the action should be Scheduled or Event-Based. For a comparison of these options, see scheduled Actions vs. event-vased Actions.
- Click Add New Task and set up the data extracting task that imports data into Qualtrics. You must first set up a data extracting task before you can use the Load data into XM Directory task. See using Actions tasks to build ETL workflows for more information.
- Click Add new Task.
- Choose the Load data into XM Directory task.
- Choose the directory to map data to.
Qtip: Most licenses only have a default directory, but some may have multiple.
- Click Add Object.
- Choose an XM Directory object to map data to. Unless mapping fields for the B2B Command Center, you’ll only map data for the Contacts object.
Qtip:If mapping data to B2B fields, see B2B Command Center for a full walkthrough on mapping B2B fields.
- If mapping Contacts, choose if you would like a new mailing list to be created each time this action runs. If you leave this option unchecked, then your newly imported contacts will be added to the general global directory and not in a mailing list.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose your Data Source. This should be the data extracting task you set up earlier.
- Use the dropdown menus to map fields from your data extracting task to your XM Directory. Fields with an asterisk are required.
- To add custom fields to your mapping, click Add Field.
- When finished mapping fields, click Save.
- When investigating what went wrong with an action task, check out Actions reporting for any errors and correct them before retrying your task.
- Contact deduplication allows you to retry your task without creating duplicate contacts. Make sure to set up contact deduplication rules when testing and retrying this task.