In the Look & Feel menu of the Survey module, you can customize the fonts and colors of your entire survey to create a more engaging and professional experience for respondents. (If you want to change the format of text within a specific question or message, use the Rich Content Editor instead.)
You can change the font of your questions and answer choices in the Fonts tab of the Look & Feel menu.
To change the font and relative size of all the non-question and choice text in your survey, specify the font and size from the top dropdown menu. This includes text from error messages and default End of Survey messages.
If you only want to change the font of the question text, select Change Question Text and specify the format.
If you only want to change the font of answer choice text, select Change Choice Text and specify the format.
You can change the color of items within your survey in the Colors tab of the Look & Feel menu. From this tab, you can customize the color of different text segments, add a color for alternate rows of a Matrix table, specify the highlighter color, and more.
To change the color of an item
- Click the color swatch.
- Select a color.
Qtip: You can also enter a HEX code to set a specific color.
- Click OK.
Items with color options
You can change the color of the following items:
- Text: Change the color of all text.
- Question Text: Change the color of question text.
- Choice Text: Change the color of answer choice text.
- Text Entry: Change the color of text typed into text entry questions and selected in dropdown lists.
- Borders: Change the color of the border around items with borders.
- Error: Changes the background color of error messages. Click (Show/Hide) to preview the error message.
- Background: Change the background color of the survey theme.
- Header: Change the default color for the header text.
- Footer: Change the default color for the footer text.
- Alternate Row: Give every other row in certain questions types the selected color.
- Question Separator: Add a colored line between each question on the page.
- Highlights: Highlight the question your respondents are currently on (note that the question will be highlighted when clicked; as soon as a new question is clicked, the highlighting will move to that new question). This will also highlight the questions that did not pass validation and require attention to continue.
The Alternate Row option lets you choose a color for every other row in certain questions types.
You can do this with the following question types:
- Text Entry (Form only)
- Matrix Table (Except for Bipolar and Profile types)
- Side by Side
- Rank Order (Except for Text box and Select Box types)
- Pick Group and Rank
- Constant Sum (Type Choices only)
- Sliders (Type Stars only)
Remove color changes
To reset all colors to the original theme, click Reset Colors.
Look & Feel vs Rich Content Editor
Fonts and text color can be edited two ways: globally and locally. Global style changes are made in the Look & Feel menu and affect all question and/or answer text. Local style changes are made in the Rich Content Editor for that specific question or answer choice. Local changes override global changes, so if you make a change in the Rich Content Editor of a question, you will see those settings instead of whatever is set in the Look & Feel.
You can use Strip Formatting to quickly remove all local formatting from selected questions and let the global changes take effect uniformly.