What's on this page:IntroductionAdding a File to a LibraryFiles Library OptionsFile TypesUsing a File from a Library
The Files Library is used to store any non-image files you’ve uploaded to Qualtrics. These files can be attached to a survey for respondents to download or they can be stored in your library for future use. You can upload non-executable files up to 16MB in size.
Adding a File to a Library
Files Library Options
The file option menu is found within the gray gear dropdown, located to the far right of each file.
For files in your library, you can perform the following actions:
- View: View file details, such as name, size, and type.
- Rename: Edit the name of the file.
- Edit: Edit the folder, name, or source file.
Qtip: Changing the source file here (i.e., uploading a new file) will change the file in any survey the file is being used in.
- Reveal: Move to the folder the file is in.
- Copy: Copy the file to another folder in your account or to a Group Library.
- Delete: Delete the file from the library.
Warning: Deleting the source file here will remove the file from any survey the file is being used in.
- PDF: PDF files.
- DOC: Word files.
- XLS: Excel files (note that CSV files go in the Other category).
- TXT: Text files.
- Audio: Files in audio format (MP3, WAV, etc.).
- Video: Files in video format (MP4, MOV, FLV, etc.).
- Image: Files in image format (JPG, PNG, GIF).
- Other: Files in any format other than the ones above.
Using a File from a Library
- In any Rich Content Editor within Qualtrics, click the Insert File icon.
- Click on the file you would like to use, or select Upload a New File to upload a new a file to your library.
- Place the linked text where you want it.