About the Files Library
The Files Library is used to store any non-image files you’ve uploaded to Qualtrics. For example, you could store security or consent forms in your Files Library for respondents to view or download during your survey. These files can be attached to a survey for respondents to download or they can be stored in your library for future use. You can upload non-executable files up to 16 MB in size.
Adding a File to a Library
- Navigate to the Files Library in the Library page.
Qtip: If you want to upload a file to a group library, navigate to this library first by choosing the correct library from the dropdown menu in the upper left-hand corner of your account. If you would like to edit or use lists in the Group Lists but are currently unable to do so, please contact your Brand Administrator for help as they are the only ones who can edit or create groups.
- Click Upload a New File.
- Drag and drop files directly into the menu or click Choose Files From Your Computer if the file is stored on your computer.
- Click the green Upload Files button.
Copying Files From Your Library to a Group Library
Files Library Options
The file option menu is found within the gray gear dropdown, located to the far right of each file.
For files in your library, you can perform the following actions:
- View: View file details, such as name, size, and type.
- Rename: Edit the name of the file.
- Edit: Edit the folder, name, or source file.
Qtip: Changing the source file here (i.e., uploading a new file) will change the file in any survey the file is being used in. Note that uploaded files may be attached to surveys and can be accessed by anyone who has the corresponding URL. This feature should only be used for non-confidential files.
- Reveal in Folder: Move to the folder the file is in.
- Copy: Copy the file to another folder in your account or to a Group Library. See the above section for more information.
- Delete: Delete the file from the library.
Warning: Deleting the source file here will remove the file from any survey the file is being used in.
- PDF:PDF files.
- DOC: Word files.
- XLS: Excel files (note that CSV files go in the Other category).
- TXT: Text files.
- Audio: Files in audio format (MP3, WAV, etc.).
- Video: Files in video format (MP4, MOV, FLV, etc.).
- Image: Files in image format (JPG or JPEG, PNG, GIF).
- Other: Files in any format other than the ones above.
Using a File from a Library
- In any Rich Content Editor within Qualtrics, click the Insert File icon.
- Click on the file you would like to use, or select Upload a New File to upload a new a file to your library.
- Place the linked text where you want it.