About the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
In this time of intense uncertainty and uncharted territories, what makes a brand trusted today has shifted. Brands need to understand how consumers have reprioritized the drivers of trust, and how their actions during this crisis can positively (or negatively) impact consumers’ trust.
The COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse is a solution to assess consumers’ trust in your brand, and your competitors, based on the best practices of the most trusted brands during this crisis. This solution supplements your current understanding of brand trust with a focus on the immediate actions that will earn and maintain trust with consumers at this moment.
This XM Solution includes a pre-built survey and report.
Qualtrics conducted a study of consumer perceptions in March 2020 which revealed that 65% of consumers indicated that brands’ actions during a time of crisis have a significant or major impact on their trust in that brand. The study also uncovered the most important actions taken by the brands most trusted during this crisis. The COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse allows customers to benchmark their brands and their competitors against these best practices.
Who is this for:
- Marketing and insights professionals responsible for brand strategy, brand tracking, and/or communication.
- Business owners, CEOs, CHROs, and Customer Experience leaders who want an understanding of how their actions are impacting brand trust during this crisis.
What can it be used for:
- Providing a pre-built 3-5 minute survey to assess consumers’ trust in your brand and your competitors. Choose up to five competitors to compare your brand against.
- Distributing to your own panels or a panel purchased through Qualtrics.
- Analyzing a pre-built report to identify the actions your organization can take to build and maintain trust.
Creating a COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
- Either navigate to the Catalog or click Create new project on the Projects page.
- Under COVID-19 projects, select COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse.
Qtip: You can also use the search in the catalog to find this project.
- Click Get started.
- Name your project.
- If desired, put it in a folder.
- Click Create project.
- Enter your company’s name.
- Enter the names of up to five competitors.
- Click Next.
- Select the demographics you want to measure.
Qtip: If you change your mind, we have pre-made library content you can add to your survey later.
- Click Next.
- Determine whether you’d like to be notified when responses come in. If you say yes, you’ll be asked to specify the threshold of responses you’d like to reach before being notified.
- When you’ve filled out these fields, click Finish to generate your survey.
- Click Preview Survey to test your survey.
Qtip: Did your survey Preview not appear? Make sure your browser doesn’t block pop-ups on Qualtrics.
- Click Done to resume the guided setup.
- Use the tabs along the top if you’d like to edit components not included in the blue button steps. For example, you can go to the Survey tab to edit the survey theme and add demographic questions, whereas you can go to the Distributions tab to download a distribution history for emails you’ve sent.
Brand Trust Survey Customization
If you want to see the questions in your survey or edit them, click the Survey tab. Once inside the survey builder, you can add new questions, tweak the wording on existing ones, edit the survey theme, and much more.
If there’s particular functionality you’d like to add, try searching the Support Site, or use the Support Site’s menu to the left to pick a page. In this section, we’ll cover some of the fundamentals of survey editing.
Adding and Editing Questions
You can add as many additional questions as you want. However, keep in mind that the shorter the survey, the more likely respondents are to fill it out.
For guides to adding and editing questions, see:
- Creating Questions
- Formatting Questions
- Formatting Answer Choices
- Question Types
- Carry Forward Choices
The survey flow is where you customize the order in which respondents experience the elements of your survey. As the name suggests, it’s where you determine the “flow” of your survey. Here, you will find a few different elements.
The first is branch logic. This feature allows you to hide or show entire groups of questions based on answers respondents gave earlier in the survey. Please do not remove or edit this element without paying close attention to the question the logic is based off of and the block of questions the branch logic is controlling.
As shown in the screenshot above, one of the branches in the survey flow leads to an end of survey element. That means whatever respondents meet the branch’s condition will be sent out of the survey early instead of being allowed to finish the survey. Any screen-out responses that are recorded will still count against your account’s response limit. To change this, carefully read the customization options available to you.
Last (but not least), your survey flow has a randomizer. This element randomizes the order that respondents see blocks of questions about brands they’ve indicated they know. Be very careful when making edits with the randomizer – it is currently set up so that questions about the same brand are grouped together into blocks, but the order of those blocks is random. The randomizer will also do its best to make sure elements are evenly presented.
Deleting and Restoring Questions
Survey options is where you go to change many general survey settings, such as the survey expiration date or the message that will appear to respondents when they finish the survey.
In the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse, Prevent multiple submissions is turned off by default, making it easier for respondents to retake the survey as needed.
When enabled, Prevent multiple submissions keeps respondents from taking a survey multiple times by placing a cookie on their browser when they submit a response. The next time the respondent clicks on the survey link, Qualtrics will see this cookie and not permit them to take the survey. If you like the sound of this functionality, you can turn it back on at any time in the survey options.
Saving and Publishing
All edits you make are saved automatically; however, they won’t necessarily be pushed to the live version of the survey. When you are finished with all of your edits and are ready to generate a link and share the survey with your respondents, remember to click Publish in the upper-right.
For more on how this works, see Survey Publishing & Versions.
Distributing the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
When you are ready to distribute the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse, complete the following steps.
- Make sure you have published any survey edits.
- Open the Guidance panel.
- Navigate to the Launch section.
- Decide how you’d like to launch your assessment.
- Let Qualtrics find respondents for me: Click this if you want to purchase a panel of respondents from Qualtrics. You will redirected to a survey where you will fill out some basic information. Later, a Qualtrics representative will reach out to you with a quote, take payment, and launch the assessment for you with a representative sample of your target audience.
- Launch Assessment: Choose another method of distribution for your survey. If you click this, you will be redirected to the Distributions tab of your survey. We describe what these options are like in the next section.
If you are not using a Qualtrics panel, we recommend using the anonymous link to distribute your survey, because it’s the quickest and easiest distribution method.
If you are interested in other methods of distribution, such as emailing from Qualtrics, see the Distributions Basic Overview for a list of options. Please note that depending on your license, not all options may be available, and some may be restricted.
Our XM Scientists have developed a custom report for this XM Solution. This report gives an overview of the results, and is ready to share as soon as you have collected data. This report shows your brand’s performance on the 10 attributes of trust based on our proprietary research, displayed in order of importance. It also outlines a full scale evaluation on each trust factor of your brand and each of your top competitors.
- Sharing the Report: You can share a PDF copy of this report with your colleagues, or even create a link where anyone can view the report! See Sharing Your Advanced-Report.
- Making New Reports: You can click File and then New to create a new report from scratch if needed. Use the report name dropdown to navigate between reports.
- Customizing Reports: See Advanced-Reports Basic Overview to get started customizing your reports.
Other Ways to View Data
While Advanced-Reports include an expert premade report, this report is limited to showing 250 comments for a given Text Entry question (those are the open feedback questions). To see a full set of responses, you’ll want to use one of the other reporting options described below.
Results-Reports give a quick overview of your data, and do not require you to work from scratch. They have different charts and graphs than Advanced-Reports, and are generally there to help you get quick assessments of data.
Depending on how you set up your guided project, there may be notifications built in. These can be found in the Actions tab, and may require additional setup to complete.
As needed, you can either review or edit:
- Who receives the notification
- The conditions under which the condition are sent
- The message included in the notification
Depending on the frequency you chose, these conditions are set up with one of the following:
- Embedded data set in the survey flow.
Do not edit the conditions on these actions, the corresponding embedded data in the survey flow, or the quotas involved.
If you don’t want to receive this notification after all, you may delete the action or disable the action (if it is not already disabled). Please note that once you delete an action, it cannot be retrieved.
View report: Clicking View report in the email or clicking the in-product notification will take you to the Reports section of the Reports tab of your project, where you should see the pre-built report.
Unsubscribing from Notifications
If you no longer wish to receive notifications, you can click unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
Subscribing to Updates
Most users will be subscribed to these automatically. However, if you unsubscribed and find you want to start receiving them again, you can do the following:
- Go to your Qualtrics account.
- In the upper-right corner, click the notifications icon.
- Click the settings gear.
- Select Actions to subscribe to notifications set up using the Actions tab.
- You may need to select Notifications first if you at some time or another unsubscribed from all account notifications.
The following terms only apply to customers who sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” landing pages or via Qualtrics Surveys. Prior to expiration on 30th November 2021, these customers will need to export their data or upgrade to a paid product.
Access to the following solutions is subject to expire on 30th November 2021. Users will be notified in advance of access being terminated. This is applicable to the Return to Work Pulse, Remote + Onsite Work Pulse, Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing, High Education: Remote Learning Pulse, K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse, Remote Educator Pulse, Dynamic Call Center Script, Customer Confidence Pulse (1.0), Brand Trust Pulse, Supply Continuity Pulse, and Healthcare Workforce Pulse solutions.
Response and Email Limits
- New customers who are based in India and sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” landing pages with a work email will get their own provisioned brand up to 500k responses total. This is applicable to the Return to Work Pulse, Remote + Onsite Work Pulse, Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing, High Education: Remote Learning Pulse, K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse, Remote Educator Pulse, Dynamic Call Center Script, Customer Confidence Pulse (1.0), Brand Trust Pulse, Supply Continuity Pulse, and Healthcare Workforce Pulse solutions.
- Customers who sign up for access to the COVID-19 solutions as described above will be limited to 1K emails per week per user.
New customers who sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” page with a personal email will be provisioned a free account with up to 500 responses for each Return to Work Pulse or Remote + Onsite Work Pulse survey. This is also the case for new customers who sign up via Qualtrics Surveys. The full COVID-19 solutions will only be available to new customers who sign up with a work email on the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” pages as indicated above.
Other Free COVID-19 XM Solutions
The following COVID-19 XM Solutions are free to customers with existing licenses and to customers based in India. Click the name of the Solution for more guided support:
- Remote + On-site Work Pulse
- Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse
- Higher Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- COVID-19 Dynamic Call Center Script
- Healthcare Workforce Pulse
- Remote Educator Pulse
- Supply Continuity Pulse
- COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
- Return to Work Pulse