About the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
In this time of intense uncertainty and uncharted territories, what makes a brand trusted today has shifted. Brands need to understand how consumers have reprioritized the drivers of trust, and how their actions during this crisis can positively (or negatively) impact consumers’ trust.
The COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse is a free solution to assess consumers’ trust in your brand, and your competitors, based on the best practices of the most trusted brands during this crisis. This solution supplements your current understanding of brand trust with a focus on the immediate actions that will earn and maintain trust with consumers at this moment.
This XM Solution includes a pre-built survey and report.
Qualtrics conducted a study of consumer perceptions in March 2020 which revealed that 65% of consumers indicated that brands’ actions during a time of crisis have a significant or major impact on their trust in that brand. The study also uncovered the most important actions taken by the brands most trusted during this crisis. The COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse allows customers to benchmark their brands and their competitors against these best practices.
Who is this for:
- Marketing and insights professionals responsible for brand strategy, brand tracking, and/or communication.
- Business owners, CEOs, CHROs, and Customer Experience leaders who want an understanding of how their actions are impacting brand trust during this crisis.
What can it be used for:
- Providing a pre-built 3-5 minute survey to assess consumers’ trust in your brand and your competitors. Choose up to five competitors to compare your brand against.
- Distributing to your own panels or a panel purchased through Qualtrics.
- Analyzing a pre-built report to identify the actions your organization can take to build and maintain trust.
Creating a COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
All existing Qualtrics users have access to the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse XM Solution. Just follow the steps below to get started. If you are not an existing Qualtrics user and would like to get access to the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse solution, please see this page to sign up for free!
- Navigate to the Projects page by clicking the XM logo or clicking Projects on the top-right.
- Click Create new project.
- Select CoreXM.
- Under COVID-19 XM Solutions, select COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse.
- Name your project.
- Click Get Started.
- You will land on the Overview tab. This is where the Solution will guide you through the major steps of the project, including survey creation, distribution, and reporting.
- There will be a description of the first step you are about to complete. Click Get Started to start building your project.
- Enter your company’s name.
- Enter the names of up to five competitors.
- Click Next.
- Select the demographics you want to measure.
Qtip: If you change your mind, we have pre-made library content you can add to your survey later.
- When you’ve filled out these fields, click Finish to generate your survey.
- As you click the blue buttons on the Overview tab, you will be taken through the steps of the project.
Qtip: Did your survey Preview not appear? Make sure your browser doesn’t block pop-ups on Qualtrics.
- Use the toolbar along the top if you ever need to go back a step.
- Use the tabs along the top if you’d like to edit components not included in the blue button steps. For example, you can go to the Survey tab to edit the survey theme and add demographic questions, whereas you can go to the Distributions tab to download a distribution history for emails you’ve sent.
Brand Trust Survey Customization
If you want to see the questions in your survey or edit them, click the Survey tab or choose I’d like to edit my survey from the Overview.
Once inside the Survey tab, you can add new questions, tweak the wording on existing ones, edit the survey theme, and much more.
If there’s particular functionality you’d like to add, try searching the Support Site, or use the Support Site’s menu to the left to pick a page. In this section, we’ll cover some of the fundamentals of survey editing.
Adding and Editing Questions
You can add as many additional questions as you want. However, keep in mind that the shorter the survey, the more likely respondents are to fill it out.
For guides to adding and editing questions, see:
- Creating Questions
- Formatting Questions
- Formatting Answer Choices
- Question Types
- Carry Forward Choices
The survey flow is where you customize the order in which respondents experience the elements of your survey. As the name suggests, it’s where you determine the “flow” of your survey. Here, you will find a few different elements.
The first is branch logic. This feature allows you to hide or show entire groups of questions based on answers respondents gave earlier in the survey. Please do not remove or edit this element without paying close attention to the question the logic is based off of and the block of questions the branch logic is controlling.
As shown in the screenshot above, one of the branches in the survey flow leads to an end of survey element. That means whatever respondents meet the branch’s condition will be sent out of the survey early instead of being allowed to finish the survey. Any screen-out responses that are recorded will still count against your account’s response limit. To change this, carefully read the customization options available to you.
Last (but not least), your survey flow has a randomizer. This element randomizes the order that respondents see blocks of questions about brands they’ve indicated they know. Be very careful when making edits with the randomizer – it is currently set up so that questions about the same brand are grouped together into blocks, but the order of those blocks is random. The randomizer will also do its best to make sure elements are evenly presented.
Deleting and Restoring Questions
Survey Options is where you go to change many general survey settings, such as the survey expiration date or the message that will appear to respondents when they finish the survey.
In the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse, Prevent Ballot-Box Stuffing is turned off by default, making it easier for respondents to retake the survey as needed.
When enabled, Prevent Ballot Box Stuffing keeps respondents from taking a survey multiple times by placing a cookie on their browser when they submit a response. The next time the respondent clicks on the survey link, Qualtrics will see this cookie and not permit them to take the survey. If you like the sound of this functionality, you can turn it back on at any time in the Survey Options.
Saving and Publishing
All edits you make are saved automatically; however, they won’t necessarily be pushed to the live version of the survey. When you are finished with all of your edits and are ready to generate a link and share the survey with your respondents, remember to click Publish in the upper-right.
For more on how this works, see Survey Publishing & Versions.
Distributing the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
When you are ready to distribute the COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse, complete the following steps.
- Make sure you have published any survey edits.
- Return to the Overview tab.
- Click Continue.
- Decide how you’d like to launch your assessment.
- Let Qualtrics find respondents for me: Click this if you want to purchase a panel of respondents from Qualtrics. You will redirected to a survey where you will fill out some basic information. Later, a Qualtrics representative will reach out to you with a quote, take payment, and launch the assessment for you with a representative sample of your target audience.
- Launch Assessment: Choose another method of distribution for your survey. If you click this, you will be redirected to the Distributions tab of your survey. We describe what these options are like in the next section.
If you are not using a Qualtrics panel, we recommend using the Anonymous Link to distribute your survey, because it’s the quickest and easiest distribution method.
If you are interested in other methods of distribution, such as emailing from Qualtrics, see the Distributions Basic Overview for a list of options. Please note that depending on your license, not all options may be available, and some may be restricted.
Our XM Scientists have developed a custom report for this XM Solution. This report gives an overview of the results, and is ready to share as soon as you have collected data. This report shows your brand’s performance on the 10 attributes of trust based on our proprietary research, displayed in order of importance. It also outlines a full scale evaluation on each trust factor of your brand and each of your top competitors.
- Go to Reports.
- Select Reports.
- The premade report, COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse Report, will be the first one that appears!
- Sharing the Report: You can share a PDF copy of this report with your colleagues, or even create a link where anyone can view the report! See Sharing Your Advanced-Report.
- Making New Reports: You can click File and then New to create a new report from scratch if needed. Use the report name dropdown to navigate between reports.
- Customizing Reports: See Advanced-Reports Basic Overview to get started customizing your reports.
Other Ways to View Data
While Advanced-Reports include an expert premade report, this report is limited to showing 250 comments for a given Text Entry question (those are the open feedback questions). To see a full set of responses, you’ll want to use one of the other reporting options described below.
Results-Reports give a quick overview of your data, and do not require you to work from scratch. They have different charts and graphs than Advanced-Reports, and are generally there to help you get quick assessments of data.
Weekly Response Notifications
Built into each of the free COVID-19 XM Solutions are weekly reports of how many responses your survey has received in the past week, and how many responses that makes for the survey in total. These notifications come every Monday morning.
Reports are sent as emails and as notifications in your account.
Once you receive the email or notification, there are two buttons.
- View responses: Clicking here will take you to the Data & Analysis tab of your project.
- View report: Clicking here will take you to the Reports section of the Reports tab of your project, where you should see the pre-built report first.
Unsubscribing from Weekly Notifications
If you no longer wish to receive weekly notifications, you can click unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
Subscribing to Updates
Most users will be subscribed to these weekly notifications automatically. However, if you unsubscribed and find you want to start receiving them again, you can do the following:
- Go to your Qualtrics account.
- In the upper-right corner, click the notifications icon.
- Click the settings gear.
- Select Digests to subscribe to weekly notifications.
- You may need to select Notifications first if you at some time or another unsubscribed from all account notifications.
Other Free COVID-19 XM Solutions
The following COVID-19 XM Solutions are free, and included in every account. Click the name of the Solution for more guided support:
- Remote + On-site Work Pulse
- Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse
- Higher Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- COVID-19 Dynamic Call Center Script
- Healthcare Workforce Pulse
- Remote Educator Pulse
- Supply Continuity Pulse
- COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
- Digital Open Door
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse 2.0
- Frontline Connect
- Return to Work Pulse
If you are not an existing Qualtrics user and would like to get access to these solutions, please see this page to sign up for free!