About Common Use Cases
This page covers common Qualtrics use cases. Often, these use cases employ multiple features to create a specific setup. Make sure you have permission to access all features associated with a use case. Contact your Brand Administrator if you need your account permissions changed.
End-to-End Survey Projects
The pages in this section walk through the end-to-end process of setting up specific survey projects for your needs.
- Appointment / Event Registration Surveys: A survey with time slots that are hidden for future respondents after they’ve been selected by earlier responses.
- A/B Testing in Surveys: An A/B testing survey to assign respondents to certain conditions and show them content based on their condition.
- Creating an Anonymized Raffle: A raffle that is also anonymized.
- Pulling Data Into a Second Survey (Longitudinal Surveys): A longitudinal study where respondent information needs to be carried across multiple surveys.
- Panel Company Integration: A survey that is integrated with a panel company.
- Customizing Survey Content Based on Historical Response Data: A survey that shows content to a respondent based on their past response data.
- Running a Pulse Program (EX): A shorter employee survey meant to be re-run on a frequent basis.
- Running an Engagement Project with Anonymous and Non-Anonymous Participants: An Engagement survey where some respondents are anonymous while others are not anonymous.
- Ask the Experts Ticketing Queue: A ticketing setup based on the Qualtrics Ask the Experts event at X4.
- Closing the Loop: A ticketing setup to close the loop on tickets.
- Account Management Command Center: A dashboard setup to view customer account data from Salesforce in a CX dashboard.
- Conversion Funnel Reporting: A project to display your brand funnels, or the proportion of people that have different levels of interaction with your brand.
- Brand Imagery Reporting: A project to analyze a consumer’s perceptions of a brand.
- Brand Usage Reporting: A project to analyze how consumers interact with your brand.
- Correspondence Analysis: A project to analyze how consumers relate attributes to brands.
Customizing Your Survey
The pages in this section cover commonly used survey features. You can apply these setups to any existing surveys you have.
- Displaying Messages Based on Scoring: How to display different content to survey respondents depending on how they score on your survey.
- Building a Consent Form: How to add a consent form to your survey and direct respondents based on how they respond.
- Assigning Randomized IDs to Respondents: How to randomly generate IDs for respondents.
- Screen-Out Management: How to manage survey screen-outs.
- Survey Tips & Tricks: Variety of survey tips & tricks, including how to make a submit button, making inline email questions automatically submit, allowing respondents to redo survey sections, customizing response reports, and allowing respondents to deselect answers in multiple choice questions.
End-to-End Digital Projects
The pages in this section walk through the end-to-end process of setting up specific digital projects for your needs.
- Mobile App Feedback Project: A project to collect feedback from your mobile app users.
- Soliciting App Reviews: A project to solicit app reviews from your mobile app users.
- Opt-In Survey Upon Site Exit: A project to opt-in website visitors to a feedback survey that will trigger when they leave the site.
- Mobile Site Exit Surveys: A project for collecting feedback on site exit specifically for the mobile experience.
- Single Page Application: A project to create a website intercept on a single page application.
- Tracking Content Helpfulness: A project to collect data on site content helpfulness. T
- Website / App Feedback for Employee XM: A project to deploy a website intercept on an internal company page to collect feedback from employees.
Optimizing Your Digital Project
The pages in this section cover commonly used digital project features. You can apply these setups to any existing projects you have.
- Screen Capture: How to enable the screen capture functionality for a website intercept for visitors to upload a screenshot of what they see on the site.
- Website Feedback Accessibility: How to make your website intercepts accessible to all users.
- Making Creatives Mobile-Optimized: How to optimize website intercepts for mobile users.
- Formatting Embedded Targets: How to embed a survey in a website intercept.
- Using Tag Managers: How to use third-party tag managers to manage tags on your site
- Optimizing Intercept Targeting Logic: How to optimize intercept targeting logic to improve network requests and intercept load times.
- XM Directory Contact Frequency Rules for Digital Intercepts: How to leverage XM Directory contact frequency rules to determine when an intercept is shown to website viewers.
- XM Directory Segments for Digital Intercept Targeting: How to leverage XM Directory segments to determine when an intercept is shown to website viewers.
- A/B Testing in Website Feedback: How to create an A/B website feedback project.
- Using Google Analytics with Website Feedback: How to integrate your intercepts with Google Analytics to track website events.
This section covers XM Solutions which are guided projects that come with prebuilt surveys, distributions, and reports.
- COVID-19 Solutions
- Remote + On-site Work Pulse: A solution to quickly gather information about employee safety needs for both remote and on-site employees.
- Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing XM Solution: A solution to triage for COVID-19 symptoms and to provide information on COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse: A solution for collecting feedback from customers on how your company is responding to the COVID-19 crisis.
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse 2.0: An updated solution for collecting feedback from customers on how your company is responding to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Higher Education: Remote Learning Pulse: A solution for collecting feedback from university students and above about desired improvements in their remote learning program.
- K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse: A solution for collecting feedback from K-12 students about desired improvements in their remote learning program.
- Healthcare Workforce Pulse: A solution for collecting feedback from healthcare workers.
- Remote Educator Pulse: A solution for collecting feedback from educators who are teaching remotely.
- K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse: A solution for gathering information on students’ transition to a remote learning environment.
- Frontline Connect: A solution for gathering feedback from your frontline employees.
- Digital Open Door: A solution for creating an open two-way line of communication with customers.
- Return to Work Pulse: A solution for collecting data from employees about returning to the office.
- Return to Work Pulse 2.0 (EX): An updated solution for collecting data from employees about returning to the office.
- Candidate Experience Program: A solution to collect feedback from candidates applying to work at your company.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Solution: A solution to collect feedback on gaps in DEI at your company.
- Digital XM Solution for Commerce: A solution to help you quickly launch your digital customer experience program.
- Idea Screening XM Solution: A solution to screen a set of ideas together to see what your respondents respond best to.
This section covers ways to analyze results using reporting and dashboards.
- Displaying Live Results: How to display live survey results to respondents.
- Combining Responses: How to combine responses from multiple surveys into a single response.
- Uploading Historical Data (EE): How to upload historical responses into an Employee Experience project.
Customer Experience Dashboards
- Drill Down Hierarchies for CX Dashboards: How to add a hierarchy to a CX dashboard so that different CX dashboard viewers can only see data relevant to them.
- Matrix Statements in a Single Widget: How to report on all statements from a matrix table question within a single simple chart widget.
- XMI Customer Ratings: CX Dashboard benchmarking data gathered from different industries.
- Common API Use Cases: Common use cases for the Qualtrics API.