About Translating Messages
You can save translations of your EmployeeXM email messages. These translations are automatically associated with the original message, so that you can send the same message in many languages without having to schedule separate emails to separate groups.
Adding a Translation to a Message
- Navigate to the Email Messages section in the Messages tab.
- Select your message type.
- Click the message editor options icon on the far-right.
- Select Show Translation.
- Select the languages you wish to translate your messages to.
- Click Close.
- Select the language you wish to edit the message for. You can return to this menu later to edit the other messages or to add more languages.
- In the editing pane that opens to the right, type out or paste in your translation.
When you’re finished writing your translations and want to close the editing pane, you can click the message editor options icon on the far-right and select Hide Translation.
Qualtrics also offers an automatic translation feature. If you’d like Google Translate to translate these messages for you, click the message editor options icon on the far-right and select Auto Translate.
Specifying a Participant’s Language
Before you send out your translated messages, you will need to specify a language for each of your participants. That way, Qualtrics knows which messages to send to which participants.
You will want to include a column called Language when you upload your participants. In this column, you’ll assign every participant a language code rather than writing out the name of the language. See our list of available language codes.
If you’ve already uploaded a participant, you can also edit their language by first opening their Participant Information Window. Then add a field named Language and set it equal to the desired language code.