Anonymizing Responses Overview
If you want to use the Qualtrics Survey mailer to send your survey out to a panel, but want responses to be anonymous, then you will need to set up an Anonymize Response option.
You can anonymize a survey using Survey Flow or Survey Options.
Anonymizing Responses Using Survey Flow
- Click Survey Flow.
- Click End of Survey to add an End of Survey element.
- Click Customize.
- Select Do NOT record any personal information and remove panel association.
Note: This scrubs the response of identifying information, such as the IP address, before saving it in the results. This is also useful if you need to send your survey to a panel so that you know who is participating, but if you also need to keep individual responses anonymous. This will not remove identifying information respondents insert in answer to specific questions.
Anonymizing Responses Using Survey Options
- Click Survey Options.
- Under Survey Termination, select Anonymize Response.
Note: This automatically removes panel information and IP address from collected responses. This will apply to every response collected and cannot be undone. If you only want specific responses anonymized, then you will need to use the Anonymize option with End of Survey elements in the Survey Flow.
- If you distributed your survey through the mailer to a panel and choose to anonymize your responses, you will still be able to see who has completed your survey by going to Distribute Survey and selecting Email History. In the Tasks menu, you can choose to download the Mailing History for your distribution.
- Even though all panel information is removed from the recorded responses when you implement Anonymize Response, you can still see the embedded data with the recorded responses if you would like. You can do this by adding the embedded data to the Survey Flow.