Use the Survey Translator to run your survey in multiple languages, while still having just one data set. When a participant starts the survey, Qualtrics checks the language in the browser setting and displays the survey in that language if the translation is available. Participants can also choose their preferred language at the top right of every survey page.
- On the gray navigation bar, lick Advanced Options and then click Translate Survey.
- The first time you open the translator, you’ll see the first question of your survey on the left-half of the screen, and the right-half of the screen will be blank. Click Add a Language.
- From the Survey Languages list, select the language translations to add to your survey and then click Close.
- You will now see your default language on the left-half of the editor, and the question text on the right is ready to be tranlated. To begin translating your first question, click the question text or answer choices and replace the text with the translated text.
- To switch between questions, click the left and right arrows on the right side of the gray toolbar.
- To change which translation language you are working on, click the language list above your translation on the right half of the screen and select one of the other languages.
- For an overview of your translation progress, click Translation Overview or click the Grid icon next to the left and right arrows on the gray toolbar.
The Download translation function allows you to edit the Qualtrics Auto-Translate text generated by Google Translate. The Upload Translation function allows you to import the edited translation into Qualtrics.
The Qualtrics Auto-Translate feature is completed by Google Translate. The text of your survey questions is sent to to Google Translate and will be returned in the language you select.
If you’d like to edit the translation, you can do so by downloading the translation and emailing it to the translator.
- To download a file for translating, click the download icon directly above the translation
area to get a .csv (Excel) or .xml (text editor) file.
- In the Download translation pop-up, choose the format you’d like to download in. Either a text editor or Excel will work.
- XML: Schemaless, well-formed XML document. Useful with XML editors and other technical applications. The document must remain well-formed or you will not be able to upload your translations.
- Unicode Text (Excel): Tab-delimited Unicode (UTF-16LE) text document. This is the best format to use with Excel.
To Open this Translation Export in Excel
- Open Excel.
- Select File > Open.
- Change file format to All Files.
- Find the downloaded .txt document on computer.
- Select Import.
- Add translations.
- Save and close the document. Many versions of Excel will not allow you to upload the file until you close it.
- Upload the translated text as described under “Upload Survey Translation.”
- Unicode CSV: UTF-8 encoded CSV document. The Unicode CSV format works well in Open Office and can be opened and saved normally.
Upload Survey Translation
- To upload an edited file that’s been translated, click the upload button located directly above the translation area.
- In the Upload Translation pop-up, click Choose File.
- Find the edited file on your computer and select it.
- Click Import.
- Enter the Translate Survey tool (on Edit Survey tab, click Translate Survey in the Advanced Options menu).
- Click the Translation Overview button (right side of page).
- Click Add Language.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of languages and click Create Other Language.
- Type a display name for the new language.
- Enter its Language Code. For example, ES-MX is Spanish (ES), but with a focus on Mexican (MX) Spanish.
- Under Base Language, select another language as a starting point.
- Click Create. Your new language will now appear at the bottom of the language list under Custom Languages.
- Click Close.
- Now start entering your translation, or click the Download Translation button to enter your translations through Excel or a text editor.
- If you need to edit the default translation on the left-half of the translator, go back to the Survey Editor. The translation window is reserved for editing alternate translations.
- If the default language of your survey is not the same as the default language of your account, make sure you change the language settings of your survey in Survey Options before you begin translating. This will ensure the options in the language list are accurate when you preview the survey.
- Click Edit next to your new language in the Translation Overview window to adjust the general settings for the language.