The Polls tool within the Research Suite provides everything needed to build a quick one-question survey to embed on your website. Polls can be set up in minutes and provide simplified reporting compared to a traditional survey.
Creating a Poll
- Open the Polls tab.
- Click on the Create Poll button. This icon can be found below the blue tab line.
- On the right hand side of the screen, give your poll a name. In the Poll Name text box, highlight the text “Poll Title” and delete it. Then type your poll name.
- In the “Question” box type your poll question.
- In the “Choices” text box type all the possible choices. Only put one choice per line for example:
- In the “Submit Button Text” box you may choose your own text for the submit button on your poll. The default text is “Submit,” however, you may customize it to match your specific poll.
- In the “Answer Type” box, you may choose “Single Answer.” This only allows the respondent to select one answer. You may also choose “Multiple Answer,” which allows the user to select multiple choices.
- After creation of the poll, you will see the option to view the results, view the look and feel, copy, or delete the poll. If you click on one of these icons, the corresponding panel will appear on the right side of your screen.
- Select “Save Changes” button found on the bottom right hand side of your screen to save changes.
Posting On A Website
To place the poll on your web site, click the large green Add This Poll to Your Website button. This will bring up a box with html code in it. Copy the text and paste it into your website’s html code.
In the results section you can see the results for your polls. You can also reset the poll by clicking the Reset Poll button at the bottom.
Look and Feel
The Look and Feel allows you to change the overall look of the poll. You can change colors, size, fonts, and buttons. When you are done editing the appearance, click Save Changes at the bottom.