Want to use the same answer choices in multiple questions?
Carry Forward will let you set it up in seconds. This tool can can make every survey experience dynamic and provides for quick and easy follow up questions.
To use Carry Forward:
- Select the question that will contain the items being carried forward.
- Click the purple gear box that appears to the left of the question and then select Carry Forward Items.
- Click the green bar that is now at the bottom of the question, and then select the question from which you would like to carry forward.
- Choose to carry forward “all choices,” “selected choices,” or “unselected choices.”
- Click Done.
- If necessary, click the Edit option in the Carry Forward bar to change your logic. If you want to delete the Carry Forward, click the small “x” to the right.
- If you carry forward answer choices to a question, they will join any other answer choices that already exist in the question. Most of the time you will not have answer choices already in the question you are carrying forward to, so under “Choices” in the Menu bar, it will show zero.
- At some point, you may need to carry forward answer choices from multiple questions to one question or to carry forward choices only if a certain condition is met in the survey. In these situations, you will not use the Carry Forward option. To use answer choices from previous questions without using Carry Forward, do the following:
- Build your question by inputting all possible answer choices into the question. These can be taken from multiple questions in the survey.
- Add Display Logic to each answer choice by selecting the blue drop-down menu to the right of the highlighted answer choice and selecting Add Display Logic.
- Set the condition for the Display Logic. You can set the condition so that the answer choice is displayed only if the answer choice was selected in the previous question it came from. You can also set up more advanced logic with multiple statements.
- After following these steps, you will have answer choices in your question that are only displayed if the display logic conditions are met. The effect is similar to the effect of “Carry Forward- Selected Choices.”