About the Library Page
You can store surveys, graphics, messages, and other file types within your Qualtrics libraries. You can access this content by going to the Library page.
There are four libraries within the Library page:
- Survey Library: Stores templates of surveys, blocks, and questions for later copying, editing, or referencing in other projects.
- Graphics Library: Stores images you’ve uploaded to Qualtrics for later use in survey themes, questions, and messages.
- Files Library: Stores any non-image files you’ve uploaded to Qualtrics for later use in survey questions and messages.
- Messages Library: Stores all messages used in your surveys (Invite Emails, End of Survey messages, Custom Validation messages, etc.).
Personal, Group, and Organization Libraries
When you first enter the Library page, you will see the items in your Personal Library. This is a library created exclusively for you, where content you personally create or add will be stored for future access. Your Personal Library content is available for you to view, edit, copy, and use in any of your surveys.
In addition to your personal library, many organizations choose to set up user groups to facilitate content sharing. For each group of which you are a member, you will see an associated library where you can access content shared by all group members. Depending on the specific permissions of the group, you may also be able to view, copy, edit, and use content in the user group library. Only Brand Administrators have the ability to create groups, so be sure to reach out to them if you would like one created.
Organization libraries are user group libraries that are available to all users within the organization. These libraries do not have restrictions for who can access the content saved within them. To create an organization library, a Brand Administrator will need to create a user group and set the Available to All Users option to For this brand. See this support page for more information about creating an organization library.
You will also see the Qualtrics Library, full of example surveys and other content, which you are free to use in your research.
To switch between libraries
Each library has certain default folders and sorting functionalities. For example, at the top of the library view, you have an item type bar that allows you to quickly search for different types of content.
You can create as many folders as desired and each folder can have as many subfolders and sub-subfolders as you need. Use the item type bar in conjunction with your custom folders to quickly and easily find items.
If you need to search for an item, you can use the Search bar to quickly find items by their name. Just type any part of the item name into the box and Qualtrics will search your current folder. To search all folders in that library, select All Folders and then search.
To add and use custom folders
- Click the New Folder button.
- Name the folder.
- Place existing items into the folder by dragging them to the folder and dropping them in.
Qtip: You can nest folders by dragging a folder and dropping it into another one.
For custom folders in your library, you can perform the following actions:
- Rename Folder: Edit the name of the folder.
- Create Subfolder: Create additional folders within the present folder.
- Delete Folder: Delete this folder and any subfolders, automatically moving all contents to the default Uncategorized folder.