If you want to know anything about mailings through Qualtrics, this is the page for you. You can track previous mailings, see who took the survey, and send a reminder or thank you message.
This page covers every feature of the Email History page.
Use the Mailing Status Bar
- Status: The status column contains a dot that shows the status of your mailing. Gray means that the mailing is scheduled to be sent, orange means the emails are currently being sent, green means the mailing was successfully completed, and red means there was an error and no emails were sent. If you have a red status, point to the status bubble with your mouse to see an explanation of the problem.
- Recipient: Shows which panel or which individual from a panel the survey was sent to.
- Subject: The subject used in your email message.
- Date: The date and time when the email was sent.
- Emails Failed: The number of failed emails out of the total amount of emails sent. Emails fail if the email address was not a properly formatted email address. This number does not include bounce backs.
- Surveys Started: The number of people from the panel who have started the survey.
- Surveys Finished: The number of people from the panel who have finished the survey.
- Actions: Additional options for your mailing.
Edit the Distribution
If your mailing is scheduled for a future date, you can change any of its settings before it is sent. If your mailing has already been set, you can review which settings were used.
To edit your email distribution:
Download the Mailing History
By downloading your mailing history, you can review the status of each of your email recipients.
To download the mailing history:
- Open the Email History page of the Distribute Survey section.
- Next to any of your mailings, click Actions .
- From the list, click Download Mailing History.
In addition to data from your panel, the following information will be included in the downloaded mailing history:
- Status of each participant. The possible statuses:
- Email Sent: The recipient hasn’t yet clicked on the survey link.
- Survey Started: The recipient has started the survey but has not finished yet.
- Survey Finished: The recipient has finished the survey.
- Session Expired: The recipient started the survey, but did not finish in the allotted time frame.
- Opted Out: The recipient clicked the opt-out link in the invitation email to indicate that they do not wish to receive future mailings.
- End Date indicates when the recipient finished the survey.
- Unique Link for each respondent will be listed if they have not yet completed the survey.
- Link Expiration date indicating when the participant’s survey link expires.
Send a Reminder or Thank You Email
Send a Reminder message that will only go to respondents who have not finished the survey, or send a Thank You message that will only go to respondents who have finished the survey.
To send a reminder or thank you:
- Click Email History in the Distribute Survey tab.
- Next to any of your mailings, click Actions.
- From the drop-down list, select Send Reminder or Thank You.
- Select the type of email to send–either a Reminder or a Thank You.
- Click when to send the email.
- Set up your message by choosing the From Name, From Email Address and Subject.
- Load a saved message, or create a message to be sent.
- Click Send.
Delete a Distribution
In the Email History section of the Distribution tab, you can delete any of the email distributions you have set up. Deleting an email distribution that has not yet been sent will cancel the distribution. Deleting an email distribution that has already been sent will not affect the survey links but it will remove your option to send out reminders or thank yous. deleting the distribution is in most cases not recommended.
To delete an email distribution: