About the Load Users into EX Directory Task
Setting up a Load Users into EX Directory Task
- Using the navigation menu in the top right, go to Workflows.
- Click Create a workflow.
- Determine whether the workflow should be Scheduled or Event-Based. For a comparison of these options, see scheduled workflows vs. event-based workflows.
Qtip: Usually, you’ll use a scheduled workflow to keep your data regularly up to date.
- Click Get started.
- If desired, rename your workflow.
- Determine when the workflow should run (if a scheduled workflow) or the event that triggers the workflow (if an event-based workflow).
- Click the plus sign ( + ), select Task, and choose the data extractor task that imports data into Qualtrics. You must first set up a data extracting task before you can use the load users into EX Directory task. See using workflows tasks to build ETL workflows for more information.
Qtip: Usually, this is the extract data from SuccessFactors task, but can be any data extractor task.
- After setting up your data extracting task, click the plus sign ( + ) and select Task.
- Choose the Load Users into EX Directory task.
- Select where you want to save the data. You can choose your global employee directory, or a specific EX project.
- Choose the task to import data from. This should be your data loader task.
- Map your source fields from SuccessFactors to your destination fields in Qualtrics. The pre-loaded fields are required, and below is our suggested mapping:
Source field Destination field /person/employment_information/user_id UniqueIdentifier /person/personal_information/first_name Firstname /person/personal_information/last_name Lastname /person/email_information/email_address
- To import additional metadata fields, click Add field.
- For your additional field, select the source field from SuccessFactors.
- Use the Choose field or Add New dropdown to select a metadata field from your EX directory to save the data to. You also have the option to create a new metadata field instead.
- To delete an additional field, click the trash can icon next to the field.
- If needed, you can map specific values for your field by clicking the blue plus sign ( + ) below the destination field name. You can use this feature if you want to save your data with different values than they have in SuccessFactors.
- After clicking the plus sign, enter the source values and destination values for your field. The source values are the values in SuccessFactors and the destination values are the values you want saved in Qualtrics.
- When finished mapping fields, click Save.