About the Participants Section
You can manage the people taking your EmployeeXM survey by navigating to the Participants section of the Participants tab. In addition to accessing a number of tools, you can search and edit participants in this section.
You can search for a desired participant by typing a name or email address into the Search bar, or you can make use of the Advanced Search feature.
- Navigate to the Participants tab.
- Select the Participants section.
- Click Advanced Search.
- Choose from a list of criteria to filter by.
- Fill out your remaining fields.
- Combine or remove conditions by clicking the plus (+) and minus (–) signs to the right of a condition.
Once you’ve found the participants you’re interested in, click their names to open their Participation Information Window. Here, you can manage their metadata, manage their permissions, and perform other actions.
The available criteria are as follows:
- Name or Email, Last Name, First Name, and Email Address: Search by a participant’s name or email address.
- UniqueIdentifier: Each participant’s unique identifier within the company.
Qtip: For more, check out the Unique Identifiers support page.
- Project Status: Filter participants by whether they finished the survey or not.
- Respondent: Search participants by whether or not they are respondents. A respondent is a participant who is expected to answer the survey; all participants are respondents by default. When you upload your participants, you can include a column called Respondent and specify a 0 for participants you don’t want to have to complete the survey, but who might still be in charge of dashboards or validating the org hierarchy.
- Metadata: Search by metadata fields you uploaded with your participants.
- Org Hierarchy Units: Search by the units of your org hierarchy in an Employee Engagement project.
- Role: Search by role.
- Removed: Search by whether you removed a participant from the list. You can choose to hide those who were removed or to only show those removed.
When you click on the Settings button, there is one option.
When selected, Sort results alphabetically will sort your participants alphabetically by name.
Participant Dropdown Options
When you hover over a participant, the participant dropdown menu appears to the far right. When you click this dropdown menu, you are given three options.
- Login to Dashboard: Proxy login to the participant’s dashboard. If the participant is not set up as a dashboard user (something you can learn more about on our Roles page), there will be nothing to log into.
- Remove from Project: Remove this participant from the project.
Warning: Removing the participant from the project deletes any response they’ve provided. If you want the participant to redo their response, send them a retake survey link instead of removing them and re-adding them.
- Update Response with Current Metadata: If you’ve made recent changes to the metadata, make sure the response you’ve collected is updated to reflect these metadata changes. This option will not appear if the participant hasn’t responded yet.
Once you select participants, you will have a dropdown menu with two options:
- Remove From Project: Removes all of the selected participants from the project. See Removing Participants for all the ways to delete participants from a project.
Warning: Removing the participants from the project deletes any responses they’ve provided. If you want the participants to redo their responses, send them a retake survey link instead of removing them and re-adding them.
- Update Responses With Current Metadata: If you’ve updated your participants’ metadata in the participant information window, this option makes that change to reflect in your dashboard.
Clicking the box to the left of the dropdown menu selects all of the participants on a page.
Response Update Banner
Sometimes, a banner may appear at the top of the Participants tab that reads, “Responses are being updated. Some functions won’t be available until this is complete.” This message is to let you know that you will temporarily be prevented from making certain changes, because the system is working on updates you just requested, and does not want you to make conflicting changes. Changes that can make this banner appear include edits to participants or the hierarchies they belong to.
Clicking View progress will show you how much longer until the updates are done and you can resume with full participant-editing functionality again.