About Other Conditions
In the previous support pages, we showed how you can use intercepts to set the conditions under which your creatives appear to site visitors. In this section, you will learn about how to base intercept logic off of the action itself, Qualtrics surveys, and whether other intercepts have been displayed.
This Action is used to determine whether a creative should be shown, based on whether or not it has been shown in the past.
To set a This Action condition
- On either the intercept targeting-level or the action set-level, add logic.
- Drop the first field down and select This Action.
- Select whether you would like to target visitors for whom the action Has Not Been Taken (they haven’t seen the creative), or those for whom the action Has Been Taken (they have seen the creative).
- Indicate whether the time frame for this condition is During the browsing session, or Ever.
If your intercept is linked to a Qualtrics Survey, then you can base logic off whether the visitor has taken the survey or not.
To set a Qualtrics survey condition
Intercept logic can display your creative based on whether another intercept in your project has been displayed or not displayed in a given time frame. For example, you could choose to only target visitors who have not seen another intercept on your site in the past day.
To set an Intercept condition
- On either the intercept targeting-level or the action-level, add logic.
- Drop the first field down and select Intercept.
- Select whether you’re basing logic off any Intercept, no Intercept, or a specific Intercept you’ve created.
- Select whether the Intercept Has Been Seen or Has Not Been Seen.
Qtip: Any Intercept and No Intercept only have the Has Been Seen option.
- Enter the value of the timeframe.
- Enter whether this timeframe is in Days, Hours, or Minutes.