2023 QUALTRICS X4 ON TOUR AND XM LIVE – REGISTRATION AND EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
AND EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONSThese 2023 Qualtrics X4 ON TOUR AND XM LIVE Registration and Event Terms & Conditions (these “Terms”) govern your registration and participation for the 2023 Qualtrics X4 ON TOUR AND XM LIVE to be held on May 18, 2023 (the “Event”). These Terms are between you and the organization you represent (together, “you”) and Qualtrics, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (together with its affiliates, “Qualtrics”). By registering for the Event or clicking through these Terms, you accept and agree to these Terms on behalf of yourself and your organization
1. REGISTRATION Each individual who registers for or attends the Event (an “Attendee”) must be registered for the Event on the website accessed through www.qualtrics.com (the “Event Website”). To register for the Event, you must provide the required registration information and may provide the optional registration information (collectively, “Registration Information”) on the Event Website. The number of possible Attendees for the Event is limited, and accordingly, Qualtrics reserves the right to cancel or terminate any registration at any time. If you are an existing Qualtrics customer, the Event Website may be pre-populated with your information. If you are not a Qualtrics customer, you will be required to enter your Registration Information. You will receive a registration confirmation email at the email address you provide during registration..
2. BADGES An event badge (“Badge”) will be provided to you at the Event check-in, which will designate your access to the events, venue areas and sessions. Badges are to be picked up at the event check-in area during the Event. Qualtrics may request Attendees to show a government issued picture ID to be issued their Badge. Attendees will not be admitted into any of the venues without a Badge. If applicable, login details or other access instructions for gated website(s) or other electronic forum(s) for the Event, which will designate your access to any online event sessions or other electronic content, will be provided to you at the email address or via other contact information you provide with your Registration Information. Badges may contain RFID tags, which may be used to record your participation in events and sessions and to provide you with feedback surveys following the sessions. If you demonstrate an interest in one of Qualtrics’ affiliates, sponsors, customers, or partners (each, a “Partner”) or a particular topic, such as by visiting a booth or attending a session, Qualtrics may share your Registration information with such Partner. If you permit a Partner at the event to scan your Badge or attend any session where a Partner provides a presentation, Qualtrics will share your personal information with the relevant Partner.
3. EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT Qualtrics is dedicated to creating a safe, welcoming and positive environment for all Event participants, and we appreciate your assistance in achieving these goals. You agree to treat other event attendees and participants with respect and kindness at all times. In particular, you agree not to harass any Event participants, including but not limited to the following
- Offensive comments related to age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or physical appearance.
- Sexual or other explicit images in public spaces or forums.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing or unwanted photography or recording (including screenshots).
- Disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical or electronic contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Demeaning, discriminatory, or exclusionary behavior, jokes, or speech.
4. SECURITY Qualtrics is committed to providing a safe and secure environment. Here are some of the security procedures for the Event
- Badges must be worn and visible at all times while at any Event venues, events or activities. They may not be shared or exchanged with any other person. Violators’ badges may be confiscated, and their participation in the Event may be terminated.
- Bags may be checked randomly. No bags or property should be left unattended at any time. Unattended property may be removed.
- Except as specifically pre-approved in writing, no persons under 18 years of age will be permitted to attend any portion of the Event, including breakout sessions, keynotes, and all other Event meetings and venues.
- Items prohibited at the Event include: firearms, knives, other weapons, explosives, and hazardous materials or items.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY You (a) will protect and keep confidential any non-public information obtained from Qualtrics that is identified as confidential or proprietary or that, given the nature of such information or the manner of its disclosure, reasonably should be considered confidential or proprietary, including, without limitation, any confidential information disclosed during a visit to any Event location (whether in-person or virtual) or any Qualtrics offices, (b) will use such information only for the purpose(s) for which it was originally disclosed, and (c) will return or destroy all such information upon request from Qualtrics.
6. AFFILIATED AND RELATED SERVICES In connection with the Event or the Event Website, you may receive links, content or information from or relating to third parties, such as third-party websites, discounts, lodging accommodations and transportation information. This information is provided by Qualtrics solely as a convenience to our Attendees and does not in any way indicate control, approval or endorsement by Qualtrics. Under no circumstances will Qualtrics be liable in any way for any third party services or information, including but not limited to quality, availability, errors, omissions or damages of any kind. You must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any third party services, including any reliance on the availability, quality or usefulness of such services. You may be subject to additional terms and conditions that apply when you use such third-party services.
7. PERSONAL RELEASE Qualtrics, or others on behalf of Qualtrics, will be photographing (which may include screenshots), audio and video recording, webcasting, and podcasting at Event venues and events. This includes, but is not limited to keynotes, breakout sessions, technical sessions, partner showcases, networking events, and other activities, whether in-person or online. You agree that Qualtrics may use and/or share with Partners, your image or likeness, if captured, in connection with any advertising or promotional content, program, or material for the Event, Qualtrics and/or Qualtrics business and projects, or for any other lawful purpose, including by posting on public websites. Qualtrics is not, however, obligated to make any use of your image, name or likeness, or exercise any of the rights granted to it. You also understand that your image may appear in Event photos made available to you, other Attendees, or the public, and that these third parties may retain and distribute those photos.
8. ASSUMPTION OF RISK; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Your participation in and attendance of the Event is completely voluntary. Qualtrics does not guarantee admittance or access to any specific event, session or keynote and reserves the right to refuse admittance to any session, keynote or event to any Attendee, at its sole discretion. Qualtrics may broadcast certain sessions into overflow rooms, or otherwise stream such sessions, to accommodate the attendance of all Attendees. Unless specified otherwise, all events, keynotes and sessions are seated on a first-come first-served basis. You understand that: (a) COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, and there is an inherent danger and risk of exposure to COVID-19 at the Event; (b) no health and safety policies can entirely eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; and (c) exposure to COVID-19 can result in subsequent quarantine, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term physical and/or mental health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition at the time of exposure and/or infection. You accept and assume all risks of any and all personal injury, exposure to COVID-19 or other illness, or damage to you and your personal or electronic property that you may face while attending the Event, or using affiliated services, (including without limitation exposure to COVID-19, any entertainment or recreational activities) and waive any claims against Qualtrics or its Partners relating to such risks. QUALTRICS AND ITS LICENSORS AND AGENTS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, OR DATA), EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF QUALTRICS AND ITS LICENSORS AND AGENTS ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT OR THESE TERMS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ASSOCIATED ENTERTAINMENT OR RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES) WILL BE LIMITED TO $100 OR THE SMALLEST LIABILITY CAP OVER $100 PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY ONLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
9. UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES The Event program schedule and session offerings and availability are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Qualtrics cannot guarantee the attendance or presentation of any exhibitor, speaker, or musician or that any scheduled event will take place, or that a given session will be available. Qualtrics will not be held liable and no reimbursement will be made, in the event of the cancellation or modification of the times, dates, sessions and/or events of the Event as a result of an event that is beyond Qualtrics’ control, including but not limited to cancellations by speakers, exhibitors or musicians, inclement weather, earthquake, flood, or other act of God, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, riot, national state of emergency, plague, pandemic, act/threat of terrorism, civil unrest, strikes or other labor disputes, or any other similar or related event which delays or prevents any or all of the Event.
10. WARRANTIES/DISCLAIMERS QUALTRICS MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE EVENT OR EVENT REGISTRATION, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND QUALTRICS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. FURTHERMORE, QUALTRICS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THESE TERMS, OR ANY TOOLS, WEBSITES OR CONTENT PROVIDED HEREUNDER (THE “MATERIALS”), ARE APPROPRIATE, AVAILABLE OR LEGAL IN TERRITORIES OUTSIDE EUROPE. THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO ACCESS THESE MATERIALS FROM OTHER LOCATIONS DO SO ON THEIR OWN INITIATIVE AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE LAWS. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS AND THAT YOU CAN AND WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE TERMS OUTLINED HEREIN. “FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS” WITHIN THE MEANING OF THE PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995 REGARDING QUALTRICS’ PLANS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES MAY BE PRESENTED AT THE EVENT. IN SOME CASES, YOU CAN IDENTIFY FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS BY TERMS SUCH AS “ANTICIPATE,” “BELIEVE,” “ESTIMATE,” “EXPECT,” “INTEND,” “MAY,” “MIGHT,” “PLAN,” “PROJECT,” “WILL,” “WOULD,” “SHOULD,” “COULD,” “CAN,” “PREDICT,” “POTENTIAL,” “TARGET,” “EXPLORE,” “CONTINUE,” OR THE NEGATIVE OF THESE TERMS, AND SIMILAR EXPRESSIONS INTENDED TO IDENTIFY FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY THEIR NATURE, THESE STATEMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO NUMEROUS UNCERTAINTIES AND RISKS, INCLUDING FACTORS BEYOND QUALTRICS’ CONTROL, THAT COULD CAUSE ACTUAL RESULTS, PERFORMANCE, OR ACHIEVEMENT TO DIFFER MATERIALLY AND ADVERSELY FROM THOSE ANTICIPATED OR IMPLIED IN THE STATEMENTS.
11. PERSONAL INFORMATION Qualtrics will handle and protect Registration Information provided in accordance with Qualtrics’ Privacy Statement. By registering for the X4 Summit, you agree that Qualtrics may use your email address and mobile phone number to send X4 Summit updates and post-event survey evaluations and for purposes described in the Privacy Statement, and that Qualtrics may share your Registration Information with SAP SE and its affiliates. Additionally, you authorize Qualtrics to share with all Attendees, Partners, exhibitors, and/or affiliates your information such as first and last name, title, company, physical address, phone numbers, email address, and any other information provided to Qualtrics as Registration Information for marketing and other business purposes. If you enter your mobile phone number, you may receive X4 Summit updates via your mobile phone (by voice SMS, MMS, or otherwise) at your own cost.
12. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE These Terms and any disputes arising out of or related hereto, shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of New York and the controlling United states federal law, without regard to their conflicts of law rules. The state and federal courts located in New York County, New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms. Each party hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
13. RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES These Terms and the activities governed hereby do not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary, employment or other similar relationship between the parties. There are no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms.
14. WAIVER AND CUMULATIVE REMEDIES No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under these Terms shall constitute a waiver of that right. Other than as expressly stated herein, the remedies provided herein are in addition to, and not exclusive of, any other remedies of a party at law or in equity.
15. SEVERABILITY AND ASSIGNMENT If any provision in these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision shall be modified by the court and interpreted so as best to accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in effect. You may not assign any of your rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent Qualtrics. In the event of any purported assignment by you in breach of this paragraph, Qualtrics may terminate these Terms and refuse your participation in the Event. Qualtrics may assign these Terms, in whole or in part, without your consent and at its sole discretion. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties and their successors and assigns
16. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS Qualtrics may make changes to these Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, Qualtrics will make the updated copy of these Terms available on the Event Website. It is your responsibility to check the Event Website for updates. You understand and agree that if you participate in the Event after the date on which the Terms have changed, your participation will signify acceptance of the updated Terms.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Qualtrics in relation to the Event and Event registration and supersede all prior and contemporaneous terms, agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning their subject matter. These Terms may be modified only if updated by Qualtrics, as described herein, or in a writing signed by both you and Qualtrics. No part of these Terms shall be superseded or governed by any Master Services Agreement or other agreement between Qualtrics or an affiliate thereof. To the extent that these Terms are translated, such translation is provided solely for convenience, and the English version of these Terms shall govern any disputes arising herefrom.
Last updated March 14, 2023