Survey is blocked after a few questions for some participants | XM Community
Question

Survey is blocked after a few questions for some participants

Dear all,
We are running our first survey using Qualtrics. Everything seemed to be going fine, except that some participants mention that after the first 2 pages of questions, they cannot continue with the survey (they still receive a message that they need to complete an answer, while they have already completed it). This is no problem at all for most of our participants.
We have tried fixing this by removing the validation (as we thought this might trigger a pop-up), but this hasn't solved the issue. At the moment, we have no clue what is causing this problem.
Does anyone have an idea why this problem is occuring for some of our participents?
Best wishes,
Eva

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Can you share a screenshot of what they are seeing? Also can you view their partial response and see what is being logged? An export of the survey would also be helpful. Without those, it's hard to know what the issue might be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Agree with MattBroffman_Orlando . Also, I've found that respondents will sometimes interpret the error message to apply to the question above where it appears when it's really triggered by the question below. So be sure to rule out that possibility.

Thank you!
I have asked one of the participants who mentioned the issue to take a screenshot of the error message, but apparently she does not receive an error message but simply cannot continue by pressing the "next" arrow. The data are logged (partially). I can see that on the page where the error occurs no data are logged though. So data logging ends on the page before (which is not much as it happens in the beginning of the survey). In attach a Word and .qsf of the survey (sorry, it's all in Dutch). The issue occurs after block "Demografische gegevens" (Q17). I also asked the participant to double check if all items were completed, and she has confirmed that that is the case, but she still cannot continue to the next block.
De_invloed_van_COVID-19_op_cognitief_functioneren (2).docxDe_invloed_van_COVID-19_op_cognitief_functioneren.qsf.txt

Leave a Reply