Changing number of fields in a questions based previous numeric answers | XM Community
Question

Changing number of fields in a questions based previous numeric answers

• 27 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had experience of the following. I have a survey question asking how many credit cards a respondent owns and how many store cards a respondent owns, each up to a maximum of 5 cards.
image.pngIn a follow-up question, I want to ask what the balance is on each card, with one line appearing for each product. So if a respondent has 2 credit cards and 3 store cards, there should be 5 lines appearing, as follows.
image.pngI can implement this using hidden choices and display logic, but it requires 10 lines of logic. And in reality, I have 10 product types, meaning 50 lines of logic.
Is there a better way of achieving the same result? E.g. can I somehow record the 5 products the respondent has in a table and then subsequently refer to that table? Thanks!

2 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,
Suppose I ask about the balance on each of the following credit/store cards, where these five cards fields are based on carry forward text (that asked how many of each product the respondent has):
image.pngI then want to ask about the monthly repayment, but only for cards that have a positive balance at the previous question.
I can’t seem to add this display logic to the carry forward choices. Is there a way to do this in Javascript or some other method? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You can repeat the choice list from the original question and add display logic to each choice based upon the answers in the text form question.

Leave a Reply