Embedding external website in an iframe (HTML): looks like it's working at first, but then doesn't | XM Community
Solved

Embedding external website in an iframe (HTML): looks like it's working at first, but then doesn't

• 12 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi,
I am a complete beginner when it comes to Qualtrics and online surveys. I found out that one thing I'd like to code - embedding an external website into the Qualtrics survey, so that while doing the survey, respondents don't need to open a new tab - I can use an "iframe" for.
This does work quite well on another platform, namely limesurvey, when using the following code:

In Qualtrics, being in the survey project view (where I add and edit questions), if I put the above code into the "Rich Content Editor" - "HTML View" of a question or text field, this does seem to work. An iframe is displayed as you can see here:

qualtrics iframe project view.PNGHowever, the preview of the survey shows nothing. Not an empty frame or an error, just white space. I'd be very happy if someone could help me with this issue.
p.s. I did search through the discussions and found some suggestions about using javascript. However, I'm on a free trial (not the free account), so I can't check if that way would work.
Best,
CodeCollective

icon

Best answer by rondev 12 August 2020, 21:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes you need to upgrade your account to use, iframe tag in question

Badge

And that is because I need to use javascript, or because my HTML code is correct but doesn't work until I have acces to some feature?

//EDIT: And just to be completely clear: I had a "free account" with very limited functionality first, trying the above gave me an error. So I couldn't even save the question as seen above.
Now I am on the CoreXM Professional "free trial". I can save the question (no error), so it does seem I got a feature I didn't have but needed on the free account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/28995#Comment_28995HTML code is correct, it just you need that feature enabled.

Badge

Sorry, I edited my comment a second after you replied. Is your answer the same given the additional info?

Badge

I upgraded my account and it's all working now with the original code, thank you for your help rondey!

Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/28989#Comment_28989Hello , i got the same problem. Why my 30 days designXM trial doesn't have permission to do this. İ thought designXM version is the most capable one. Which version should i upgrade for that feature?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just made a video about using iframes in Qualtrics surveys.  Check the video description if you want to copy and paste the HTML code too.  Also, there’s a great site called iframetester.com that lets you see if iframes are allowed. 

Video: 

Leave a Reply