Exclude "none" from carry forward answer choices | XM Community
Solved

Exclude "none" from carry forward answer choices

• 20 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I have a question where I ask respondents about the subscriptions they pay for in full, and I have a follow up question that is meant to ask about which ones someone else pays for in full (parents, etc). Do not want to add display logic on each choice because some of the previous responses have to be carried forward (have a text field). Would appreciate help in selectively removing one answer choice from carry forward choice using Javascript! Thank you.
Victor

icon

Best answer by rondev 20 August 2020, 01:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

In the question, where you have carry forwarded the option, just use advance randomization and put the "none" option in the "Do not display" items.

Thank you so much!!

Userlevel 1

rondev Thanks, this is great and saved me so much time (I was originally manually repeating all options using display logic which was crazily convoluted!)
However do you know of anyway to not only exclude 'None' from showing in the 2nd Q, but to then 'exclude it from analysis' for Q2 also?
(I have about 25 of these paired Qs, and they each have a Other/OtherText/None which I used the Carryforwrd>Randomisation to exclude from showing in the 2nd Q, but I then have 75 blank columns in my data that every time I export I have to go through and delete!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/31507#Comment_31507Unfortunately we don't have such option.

Leave a Reply