How to generate and action or trigger from non-response | XM Community
Question

How to generate and action or trigger from non-response

• 31 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi
I am planning to design a survey with different treatment conditions.
For the design it is important, that each participant answers (because it is a cascade design).
So if one participants does not answer, it would be nice to automate that the email is resent, not to the same participants as a reminder, but to a new participants (based on some qualification/autheticators).
Is it possible to achieve this through trigger/ action or something else.
Ideally I would ne an action where it says "Send new email if respondent did not answer within xy hours".
If not, I guess the only solution would be to use the API and use a third provider for mailing?

Thanks a lot
Robin

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Reminder emails within Qualtrics works only for respondents who have not clicked on link.
Link for your reference.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/reminder-thank-emails/

Badge +1

Hi, thanks for your answer.
I am aware about the reminder, and I think it wont solve my problem (only if I could change the To Email adress in the remidner).
This is why I asked, whether there is another solution, e.g. with the email trigger or actions.

Best
Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

robin234 ,
I think you could do it with the API. I don't know why you would need a third party email provider.

Badge +1

Hi Tom, thanks for your answer.
I only thought I would use the API to connect some emailing service (eg mailchip), which has more mailing option (eg. resend to a new contact).
How could this be done with just the API - have you seen this somewhere?

Many thanks!!!
Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

My thought was that the links in the original distribution expire. Just after they expire, you could use the API to look at the distribution to see how many had not completed, then create a new distribution for that number of people.

Badge +1

Hi Tom, ok - that seems like a good starting point. Thank you for your response. Since I have 8 treatments and within these treatments there are 20 groups, I will need to be very specific with counting (each group is different), but that nevertheless should work. I let you know how it went :)

Leave a Reply