Send email to respondents to allow them to "save and return later" without losing their responses | XM Community
Question

Send email to respondents to allow them to "save and return later" without losing their responses

• 15 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I would like to set up a button in my open access survey that says "save & return later" that allows respondents to provide their e-mail address and receive an email with their survey link to continue answering the survey where they left off at a later time. I have used this in other survey software. The retake survey link would not meet my needs since I do not want this option to only be available after the respondents complete the survey. Any ideas of how I could do this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi mmontenegro ,
I believe recall Fluidsurveys (RIP) having a feature like this, which was handy. This would be a good submission for a Product Idea.
Although Qualtrics doesn't have something similar, as long as the Save and Continue option is checked, I think a respondent should be able to return to where they left off, even in an unauthenticated survey, by clicking the original link they used from the same device.

image.png

Hi MatthewM . Thank you, I will posted as a product recommendation. Thanks for the tip, that would not work for my survey due to privacy concerns (this survey will be completed in organizations where multiple respondents may be using the same computer). I have to disable that option so I am looking for a way that still allows respondents to not lose all their progress.

Leave a Reply