How to set In page display logic on a Matrix table? | XM Community
Solved

How to set In page display logic on a Matrix table?

• 28 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello all wizards
I'm trying to set Display logic to a Matrix Table, following another question.
This is more or less what I'm trying to achieve (example text only)
Dinners.jpgI only want the second Question to appear if "Don't know" is not selected in the first Question.
On top of that, I don't want each of the options (Pizza, Fish Tacos or Salad) to appear at all in the second question, if that was selected in the first Question.
All is pretty straight forward in terms of setting the logic. But I can't get the second question to "unfold" and appear once a selection has been made int he first question. HOW do I do that?
If the answer is "Java script" I'll need some serious hand holding as I've never applied that before.

Thanks in advance. If I can get assistance to solve this, drinks are on me at X4 next year! :)
-Mattias

icon

Best answer by MattiasM 19 November 2020, 14:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

I've been able to get the Matrix table to unfold now. Seems I had to code the selections rather than the "not selected" alternative.
Still not able to have both the Matrix AND content within the matrix to be shown/hidden at the same time though..

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi MattM ,
Are you saying that you get the question text of the Matrix showing up, without any rows beneath it? If that's the case, make sure that you have set Display Logic at both the Question level and the Row level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Turns out I wanted too much. I couldnt get the next battery to behave depending on the previous question if they were on the same page. Had to place a "next" between them to get it to behave like I wanted.

Leave a Reply