Embedded text from my excel file and distribute my survey | XM Community
Solved

Embedded text from my excel file and distribute my survey

• 19 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I have one excel file with two columns.
The first column name is 'participant name' including 50 persons' name. The second column name in my excel file is 'participant email address and includes 50 person's email address.
With this file, I want to include 'participant name' in my qualtrics survey. I already the function ${e://Field/participantrname}, but I am not sure...how I insert each participant name in my qualtrics survey from the excel file. After I insert each participant name in qualtics survey and I want to send out each survey to matched participant's email address in my excel file's second column.
Can you help above issues or let me know where I can find similar ways from previous posts?

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 19 October 2020, 15:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi drehyck21 ,
Assuming you are sending the survey to you 50 participants via email, and that you have uploaded your email list to Qualtrics, see these two sections from the Piped Text help page:
From a Contact List field
From an Embedded Data field
If Participant Name is mapped to First Name or Last name in the email list, use the Contact List instructions. If Participant Name is mapped to an Embedded Data field instead, then use the Embedded Data instructions instead.

Thank you for your helpful comments. I resolved it.

Leave a Reply