play video once, with controls disabled | XM Community
Question

play video once, with controls disabled

• 21 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I'm trying to control the playing of a video, such that

• the participant can view it only once

• the controls are disabled (and if possible, not visible)

I'd be grateful if someone could walk me through how to do this. I am not very familiar with how to do these things to the point where it's not even necessarily clear to me what code needs to go in the HTML part of the question or what needs to be entered as JavaScript.
Thank you in advance; I have been trying for hours to get this to work and have found a few related posts on this forum but cannot seem to get any of them to work!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

If its a Youtube video you have the ability to remove the controls from the Share>embed video options. Just click share under the video from within Youtube, then select embeded, and uncheck the Show Player Controls option. You can then copy/paste the HTML generated by from Youtube into a Qualtrics Text question (HTML view in the textbox).

Hmm. The controls still seem to be showing, even though I see there is a variable/field where they appear to be set to 0. Thoughts on why that might be, or other ideas of how to achieve this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Did you set the controls in Youtube? There used to be a manual way to set the controls but I've read Google deprecated that feature.

I did uncheck the Show Player Controls option and used the resulting embed code, but I'm still seeing the controls....

Leave a Reply