Tinder-Style Survey | XM Community
Solved

Tinder-Style Survey

Hello,

I'm trying to create a survey with Tinder-style responses where responders are required to swipe right or left to indicate their choice of answer (like this: https://www.qualtrics.com/blog/ll-bean-customer-experience-surveys/).

Does anyone have experience building something like this or able to offer any advice on how to set it up?

Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by TomG 6 August 2018, 17:21

View original

16 replies

Badge
I'm seeking guidance on how to implement the new Qualtrics mobile feature of swipe left/right. I found this very attractive as our team consider migrating to another platform.

However, it seems like there isn't a resource that details how to do this. How can people find out more about this feature?

https://www.qualtrics.com/blog/ll-bean-customer-experience-surveys/
Badge
I have the same question! Does anyone have any insights?
Badge +1
It almost seems like it could be a custom theme so you probably would need to talk to your account manager or if you have a client success manager.

However, if you know HTML and Javascript you could probably just implement this javascript that has 2.2K stars on github. Looks like the most popular tinder style swipe js repository.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Here is how you can implement Tinder style survey
1. Understand this code which looks like this Demo
2. Recreate similar code on Qualtrics
3. Recode Onlike and Ondislike function to set survey responses.
Credits - The code in the repository belongs to Dominik Weber
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I've created a JavaScript that converts 2-choice single answer MC questions into Tinder style questions. I did not use the code @Anonymous24 linked to. It is based solely on the picture in the blog post. Below are links to a demo survey. If you try the demo on a touch enabled device you can try the swipe functionality. If not, you can click Agree or Disagree.

Demo (non-preview mode)")

Demo (preview mode)")

The script has some built-in safeguards so it only applies the Tinder style if the question and page are suitable.

Send me a private message if you are interested in using the script and willing to help cover the modest development costs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @TomG said:
> I've created a JavaScript that converts 2-choice single answer MC questions into Tinder style questions. I did not use the code @Anonymous24 linked to. It is based solely on the picture in the blog post. Below are links to a demo survey. If you try the demo on a touch enabled device you can try the swipe functionality. If not, you can click Agree or Disagree.
>
> Demo (non-preview mode)")
>
> Demo (preview mode)")
>
> The script has some built-in safeguards so it only applies the Tinder style if the question and page are suitable.
>
> Send me a private message if you are interested in using the script and willing to help cover the modest development costs.

The code is great just i think you might have applied the opposite event listeners to the options.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Anonymous24 - Yeah, I guess you are right...I find them confusing. Anyway, I reversed them in the demo.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I've built a survey like this before and frankly, I didn't find that the juice was worth the squeeze. It's more gimmicky than anything else.
Hello.
To make a survey similar to the one in the demo, can I simply copy the text in ïndex.html" to the source, the "js" to the javascript and the text in "css" to the relevant place in "look & feel"?
Is there anything else I should do?
Another question - how do I add the photos? After inserting the code, the photos do no appear, and any attempt to add them failed. Your help is very much appreciated
Badge
Hey guys,
Following up on this topic I'd like to know if someone has come up with an easy to use and easy to implement tinder-style question type?

NiC , TomG : Can you share sample survey.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

NiC TomG Do you still have this demo survey somewhere? It looks like the links aren't workable. I need to try to do this for an upcoming project. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/46648#Comment_46648You can find info on my tinder function with a video demo here.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@TomG  I would be interested in your demo “Tinder style” survey. The link you shared in your last comments takes me to a page that does not seem related. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

@MNegrini,

When the Community platform was changed, some of the links to old posts got messed up.

You can find information on the tinderStyle function here.

Leave a Reply