Randomizing Individual Question for A/B Survey | XM Community
Question

Randomizing Individual Question for A/B Survey

• 23 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello! I am designing a research study where in one block responders will be displayed one image, the first, which everyone will see. However, in that same block, only half the responders should see a second image that is "Image A" while the other half should see "Image B", as I'm conducing an A/B like test. Finally, in that same block, after the second image there will be some questions which everyone will see.
My question is, how can I randomize that second picture within a block? I tried making "Image A" its own block and "Image B" its own block, but that doesn't work because it puts them into separate pages. I want the responder to see the first image, second image, and the questions all in ONE page.
So in other words, the layout should look in one page:
==================
Page 1:
FIRST IMAGE (everyone sees)
SECOND IMAGE (A/B)

• 50% will see Image A ONLY

• 50% will see Image B ONLY

QUESTION 1 (everyone sees)
QUESTION 2 (everyone sees)
(Next button)
===PAGE BREAK====
Any idea how I can achieve this? Once again, I do not want the second image to be in its own page. I want everything in one page, but only the second image gets randomized for the A/B.
Thank you for the help!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can use block level question randomization. This can be accessed via block options and selecting advanced randomization.

Leave a Reply