Display a specific image based on respondent location | XM Community
Question

Display a specific image based on respondent location

• 5 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I plan to deploy a survey nationwide, and would like to display a state-specific image to the respondent based on their location (for example, if they are in Iowa, they should see the Iowa-related image).
I have uploaded my images, so I have URLs in hand. My contact list includes the relevant location information for each respondent, so embedding the location is possible.
However, despite combing through the message board and hours spent experimenting, I at a loss for an "elegant" solution. Obviously brute force can work since there only so many states, but that is too cumbersome. Adding the URLs to the contact list might also work, but then I have to rely on always having the respondent's location before deployment, which may not always be true.
I have gotten as far as adding the URLs to a Loop and Merge and piping those into HTML, but can't figure out how to appropriately display the correct and only the correct field to the respondent. I have no Java knowledge, so I would like to avoid that if I can.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

I think you can use the Supplement data feature in survey flow to get the image URL based on location value and this page can help you understand the Supplemental data(specifically section -Finding values using the supplemental data element)

Leave a Reply