Can one survey record be completed be several respondents? | XM Community
Solved

Can one survey record be completed be several respondents?

• 16 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I am hoping that someone might have a solution to a tricky situation we currently have.
The scenario is that we are collecting feedback about student placements where several individuals need to answer questions and be able to see the data added by those earlier in the 'chain'. Ideally all data completed by the three individuals would be in the same record, but that might be a bit of a long shot.
In more detail

• First section of the survey - there are a number of questions the student themselves needs to complete.

• They then enter the email address of their placement supervisor and Qualtrics picks up that email and sends onto that person the partially completed survey with the students responses for the supervisor to complete their questions.  

• When the supervisor has completed their section then it goes to a Admin person who needs to see the responses of both of the student and supervisor and add some further data of their own before submitting the final record.

Is there any way that this can be done in Qualtrics? I wasn't sure if there was anything through a combination of Survey Flow, embedded data or Actions. If necessary the three steps could be done in separate surveys linked by end of survey actions, but we do need the people who receive it second or third to see what has been added previously, so in this case they would need to see the previous survey responses.
Hope this makes sense and someone can help us resolve this dilemma
thanks
Julie

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 16 April 2021, 20:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi jfadams ,
I see a couple of different ways to approach this.
If you're using unique survey links and it's not a requirement that you send the link to each of the three people directly, you could create a survey with three sections. Start by sending the link to the student and instruct them to forward the email invite to the supervisor when they finish their section; the survey will resume where the student left off. Then, at the end of the supervisor's section, instruct them to forward the email invite to the Admin. The Admin completes their section and then submits. This would put everything from the three contributors together in a single record.
If, for some reason, a link has to be sent directly from Qualtrics to each contributor, then it would have to be three separate surveys. You could use Actions to set up email tasks with response summaries and links to their survey to be sent to the next contributor after the previous one completes their section.

thanks MatthewM ! I think your first suggestion should work for us, and should be pretty simple - just need to make sure we are clear to the students not to delete the email until they have completed their section of the survey and forwarded it on...

Leave a Reply