Deactivating or Delaying Auto Advance for a Single Question or Block | XM Community
Question

Deactivating or Delaying Auto Advance for a Single Question or Block

• 17 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,
I looked into the Auto Advance threads as they currently appear but cannot get the currently available code to work for me. I have played around with the other delay options I found in the threads to no avail. I want to maintain auto advance on the rest of my survey but create a delay for the auto advance feature for this single item. I also tooled around with the other delay options another user had suggested that included the code below. I don't want to necessarily "hide" the survey buttons but since this is the first item, I want to ensure that if participants accidentally click "no" that they are not whisked away too quickly to amend their answer and continue on with the survey. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Elisa

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function() {
 this.hidePreviousButton();
 this.hideNextButton();
 var that = this;
 var to = setTimeout(function(){
  that.clickNextButton();
 },6000);
 that.questionclick = function(event,element){
  if (element.type == 'radio') that.clickNextButton();
 };
 Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnPageSubmit(function() {
  clearTimeout(to);
 });
});

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

What are trying to achieve? Be more clear about what code you are using where and why.
At present it's confusing because the code above will just click the next button on selecting any choice or after 6 seconds, and create an error.
If you use the internal auto advance feature, it won't be possible to delay it for one question. (it's possible, but will require significant work on custom code)

Leave a Reply