Pipped text using one of two options depending on which question was presented | XM Community

Pipped text using one of two options depending on which question was presented

• 11 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I am wanting to use pipped text from one of two questions. Respondents will see one question, Question A, that is multiselect. If they happen to choose only one option in this question, I want that option to be used as the pipped text in Question C. If they choose more than one option in Question A, they will see Question B, where they are then forced to choose only one option. If they see Question B, I want to use that single selection as the pipped text in Question C. So use selection from A, unless more than one selected, then use option from question B as the pipped text.
Support suggested this could be done with HTML coding, but could not assist. I am not a coder myself. Is this possible and fairly simple as HTML code?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You do not need any HTML coding. I don't know why support said that.
Questions A, B and C need to be in different blocks.
After Question A, create an embedded data, let's call it PT, set it's value to the selected choices of question A.
Use branch logic to show question B, i.e. Selected choice count is greater than 1. In that branch show question B and set the value of PT to question B selected choice.
Use PT in Question C.

Leave a Reply