I AM DEEP INTO DATA COLLECTION WITH 50 REPLIES; I WAS JUST NOTIFIED OF A BUG IN MY SURVEY | XM Community
Solved

I AM DEEP INTO DATA COLLECTION WITH 50 REPLIES; I WAS JUST NOTIFIED OF A BUG IN MY SURVEY

• 19 August 2018
  • 2 replies

IN MY SURVEY LIKERT STYLE QUESTIONNAIRE, I HAVE AN EXTRA RESPONSE LINE THAT IS ADDITIONAL AND SUPERFLUOUS WITHOUT ANY CORRESPONDING QUESTION. I INADVERTENTLY DID NOT REMOVE THIS SUPERFLUOUS ANSWER ROW. HOWEVER AS THE ROW OF POTENTIAL ANSWER CHOICES IS INTERPOSED BETWEEN 2 VALID QUESTIONS, A RESPONSE IS REQUIRED TO PROCEED THROUGH THE SURVEY. SHOULD I DELETE WHAT IS IN EFFECT A DUMMY SET OF ANSWER BOXES AMIDST MY DATA COLLECTION OR LEAVE IT? I PREFER TO LEAVE IT AS I WANT CONSISTENCY IN THE DATA COLLECTION SO THE DOWNLOAD TO SPSS IS NOT COMPROMISED....BUT I AM UNSURE ...PERHAPS I SHOULD DELETE THIS ERRANT ROW AND CLEAN UP RESPONSES AFTER THE EDIT DATE TO ENSURE DATA CONSISTENCY AND INTEGRITY? THANK YOU FOR ANY VIEWS, AS THIS IS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE USING QUALTRICS TO THIS LEVEL.
icon

Best answer by Swanand_Chavan_Ugam 19 August 2018, 15:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can keep this additional unnecessary row and can delete data while data cleaning and can name this variable with _placeholder. But are respondent able to see this extra row. Why have you programmed extra row, is it due to some randomization.

If this extra statement is not affecting any other questions , you can delete it anytime.

If you don't want to delete just hide it, you can hide it like create variable in survey flow say flag and set it 1 . And apply display logic on this statement say if flag=999.
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Hello David (@davidwng ),

Based on what I understand, there are 3 main areas of concern for us:

1. Incorrect / Superfluous row needs to be removed - As the survey is already live it would be good to hide the row by applying a dummy display logic (by dummy, I mean a logic which would never satisfy hence the row would never appear at all)

Please refer the below link to understand about display logic:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/display-logic/

2. What happens to the already collected data - Once all the data is collected, you can always delete the unwanted row from SPSS.

3. Future Projects - Suppose you are planning to use this project in future as a tracker then, before moving ahead you can always delete the unwanted row...so that this scenario is not faced again

Thanks,
Swa

Leave a Reply